John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gotta ask the question... Will King Kompany get back in barring rotation/cup games.
I think he's got to prove he can stay fit in training for a sustained period before he gets near the team for me.

As much as he's been one of the faces of this club since the takeover, Kompany is not the future of our central defence and there's no need to split up two players who are playing well in such a short time together.

I watched the match again and it's amazing what you miss when your shitting yourself watching it live. Stones defensive awareness is fucking amazing. Twice he bailed out Bravo. Once at the end of the first half where he ran to the line when Bravo came steaming off his line and stopped them scoring and the second time right at the end when Bravo spilled the ball, Stones was in the right place again on the line to clear the ball. He pretty much secured us the 3 points.

Him and Otamendi are developing a great partnership.

If he can deal with ibrahimovic, then the whole being to weak claim can be put to bed. He was really impressive yesterday.

Overall he was class. Just needs to keep his concentration up as there were one or two occasions in the second half where he gave up possession sloppily.

Agree that he will be our captain in a few years.

For the sake of his career, I'm just happy the lad didn't end up playing for Mourinho. He would have spent the rest of his career hoofing it up and wouldn't have gained the tactical understanding Pep has given him.

Overall he was class. Just needs to keep his concentration up as there were one or two occasions in the second half where he gave up possession sloppily.

Agree that he will be our captain in a few years.

Good points. If any player from our squad had the biggest learning from this game, it was him? He will know how costly some give-aways in possession are, still has to work on his passing & tackling, both need to be more decisive. Passing like Kola, tackling like Ota. Both so decisive, esp Ota today. I was so impressed. Early days but Im hopeful Stones will grow into an exemplary CB.

John Stones says City fans have already accepted the style of playing from the back. "I think they’ve learned to live with that already."
Stones: "They’ve been behind us from the first game after I came here when we first started playing out from the back."
Stones: "Sometimes it’s a bit risky, but we know what to do, and where players are, and when we’re confident, why not?"
Stones: "We’ll never change our ways. The idea is going into every game and wanting to play out from the back and we did that [vs. United]."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.