Everton discussion 2016/17

I always thought there was more hype than the facts seemed to justify but its made a huge difference having a good manager. You've always had the potential to be a top six side but it's never really been realised. That's why Sheikh Mansour was interested in buying you.

Moyes made you hard to beat but never really showed he could make you an attacking force. Martinez was fucking useless and why Kenwright appointed him I'll never know. But Koeman has added what Moyes never really managed to so I think you'll do well.

i really liked martinez initially and he had a great first season but then it went downhill and you could see what his faults were-defensively his teams were clueless. koeman has started off well and am pleased so far but in retrospect we have played teams we should be expected to beat. tougher tests await and lukaku apart it's hard to see where goals will come from, so key to our season could lie in both retaining him as a player and keeping him fit.

I think delusion is contagious in Liverpool! They've started well, but they haven't got the quality we have or a fair few other teams. I'd be surprised if they finish top 4.

i really liked martinez initially and he had a great first season but then it went downhill and you could see what his faults were-defensively his teams were clueless. koeman has started off well and am pleased so far but in retrospect we have played teams we should be expected to beat. tougher tests await and lukaku apart it's hard to see where goals will come from, so key to our season could lie in both retaining him as a player and keeping him fit.
I think that's very fair comment,as I remember Martinez having a very good start.
Still irks me that some posters on here regard Lukaku as a big lump,shagging him off for his euros performance,when in truth,not many from the premiership had a good tournament,make of that what u wil.
It will be interesting to see how Koeman gets on.

Everton have had a good start & fair play to them for that, nowhere near enough strength in depth a shot at top 4 nevermind winning it!!

Interested to see how Bolasie gets on this season. Exciting to watch but you never know what's going to happen. Hopefully Koeman can get some consistenty out of him. Palace look happy enough with Townsend either way

They've had a great start to the season, fair play to them. I don't think they'll finish anywhere near second but let's not forget Everton finished 5th and 6th just 3 and 4 seasons ago and that was with Moyes and Martinez at the helm. I was skeptical too but when you look at Koeman being the manager rather than Martinez that's worth a few spots in the table on its own.

Good start but also an easy start, toughest match was home to Spurs & they dropped points there - if they want top 4 they need to be winning at home against the sides around them like Spurs.

Beating Middlesbrough, Stoke, West Brom & Sunderland are all expected for a team like Everton; albeit it's not as easy to do that obviously, but bigger tests are coming - us away being their next.

I like Koeman, but like others have said, not convinced they have enough quality to get top 4 this season, see Liverpool, us, Spurs, Chelsea & Arsenal all stronger, United should be on paper too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.