City 3 - 1 Barcelona - Post match thread :-)

Watching it first time I really struggled to think of a MOTM. When I watched it back last night I realised just how much De Bruyne did for us.

It's blatantly obvious but maybe it's a case of me setting the bar ridiculously high for him; I don't even notice at this point when he plays one of those through balls because I just expect it. That one to Zaba (when Sterling didn't spot his run and was called offside) was stunning.

But aside from the stuff I now 'expect' from him, his work rate has been absolutely phenomenal and he looks fully committed to becoming the best. Love him.

Also, I've seen people mentioning a potential foul by Fernandinho on Messi inside the box but - and I always try to remain impartial on these incidents - I see nothing other than an absolutely stunning challenge.

Also, I've seen people mentioning a potential foul by Fernandinho on Messi inside the box but - and I always try to remain impartial on these incidents - I see nothing other than an absolutely stunning challenge.
100%, i actually think this is also where a lot of Messi's whinging came from. He chased the ref asking for pen, never anywhere near one to me. Ref was hiving none of it

Its good to see that some can't get over us winning, and are still posting their bitter comments at the bottom of this BBC article.

One of the comments from today.
Everything that's wrong with football beats everything that's right with football. Hardly something to celebrate.

Others saying that Barcelona were shite, despite their own manager saying otherwise.

Can't help but smile at how much its hurt some.

This win was a big step on our path to Europe's elite. Last season we announced ourselves in the semi- final, where eventual winners beat us by a goal over two games.

Fantastic display in the second half. Finally beat Barca and was a long time coming. Thats BARCELONA, what a win, what a night. I've been buzzing ever since.

Aguero is really starting to give his all, long may it continue. We had so many chances, could of easily scored 3 more goals. Our attack is flowing gracefully. Keeping KDB fit is key, hopefully Pep gives him a rest here and there.

1) Play Aguero
2) Play a 4-1-4-1 no more False Nines and Three At The Backs etc
Hopefully Pep learns from his mistakes sometimes you can overthink it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.