From TNS to BMG

Scaring Europe to Death

Apparently,the Celtic home game will be our 86th European fixture since Trevor Sinclair opened the scoring against TNS
03/04 6
08/09 16
10/11 12
11/12 10
12/13 6
13/14 8
14/15 8
15/16 12
16/17 7*

In total, we’ve played away games in 19 different countries:
Wales,Belgium,Poland,(2) Faroes, Denmark (3), Cyprus, Germany(8) Spain (8) Romania (2) Austria, Italy (4) Portugal (2) Ukraine (2), Greece, Holland, Czech Republic, Russia (2), France, Scotland

81/85 for me, missing only the away games in Streymur, 2nd Moscow, 2nd Kiev and Bucharest.

I’ve only heard anecdotal tales of the 2nd Moscow, so not sure if we’ve got a proven 85/85
However, I know a couple of 84/85s.
Anyone else?

Last edited:
What about Oakwell? Any trip to Yorkshire should surely require a passport. Just to show them what one looks like.

Have I got the wrong end of the stick here if I say what about pre 2003 fixtures in europe? I do believe we won the European cup winners cup in 1970, played many matches in the run up and was in the UEFA cup in the late 70s. Must be nearer the 100 Mark surely?

Have I got the wrong end of the stick here if I say what about pre 2003 fixtures in europe? I do believe we won the European cup winners cup in 1970, played many matches in the run up and was in the UEFA cup in the late 70s. Must be nearer the 100 Mark surely?
Pre 1992. Doesn't count.

I was gutted when the Intertoto cup was announced half way through 94/95 that we were unlikely to qualify after the 5th, 5th and 9th places got us nothing previously.

Have I got the wrong end of the stick here if I say what about pre 2003 fixtures in europe? I do believe we won the European cup winners cup in 1970, played many matches in the run up and was in the UEFA cup in the late 70s. Must be nearer the 100 Mark surely?[/QUOTE]

120th game coming up so at least 122.

Remember our trip to Millenium stadium for TNS,
had a nightmare trip and got in for half time,
driving round trying to find somewhere to park quick, we asked a copper
he said follow him ,he jumped into his van and took straight to stadium
let us park with the rest of the police vehicles,
cant be many decent coppers would do that and welsh too,
trip home wasnt much better,

But we have no history? Or at least no history that counts. Don't you know that anything we do after 2008 doesn't actually go onto our records.

Well said!

We've played 115 games in Europe. Winning 57 games and one trophy:

h_00240788.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.