BBC: lorry deliberately ploughs in to german christmas market

Awful news. Think GMP will ramp up the police presence at the Manchester Markets now, although quite what they can do to stop a lunatic in a HGV I don't know .....

The only surprising thing about this horrific news is how long it's taken a Christmas market to be targeted.

On another point, is there a specific reason why the UK hasn't had any attacks since 07? Is our intelligence that good?

The Muslims?

Not Muslim extremists. Not Muslim terrorists. Nah. Just 'The Muslims'. Just like you'd say 'The Catholics' rather than 'The IRA'?

This fucking forum at the minute is disgusting.
Well, firstly, we are all jumping the gun at the moment, as we don't know if there was even a motive, maybe just a truck driver who was drunk or out of control.

And just a thought, barely 0.01% of nazi Germans were involved in the death camps.
We usually say "nazis" murdered those Jews. Not extremist or terrorist nazis, just nazis.

Religion is shit.... aaand the authoritarian right will dine out on this until the New Year.
Agree. Remind me though how many of the dozens of incidents in recent years involved Hindus, Christians, Buddhist or Sikh.

The only surprising thing about this horrific news is how long it's taken a Christmas market to be targeted.

On another point, is there a specific reason why the UK hasn't had any attacks since 07? Is our intelligence that good?
We have the most draconian internet snooping laws and more cctv per head of population than any other European country.

That allied to Security services honed through 40 years dealing with the IRA and a suburb border control (English channel) all help I suppose.

And just a thought, barely 0.01% of nazi Germans were involved in the death camps.
We usually say "nazis" murdered those Jews. Not extremist or terrorist nazis, just nazis.
I don't even know where to start with this, such is the idiocy and lack of thought it's written with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.