Man city lose appeal against Fernandinho red

These games should be replayed with 11 a side. All very well overturning the card but an hour against ten? Perhaps it was the FArce who first came up with the most stupid comment "It's harder to play against ten!", whilst the Rags and CFC are laughing all the way to the points.
Absolutely agree with your point. Can you imagine getting relegated on the last day because of a ref getting it wrong

I don't think it'd be that difficult to have a three-man ref panel ready during all games, that could quickly look at the footage from games in progress and make quick decisions. If a ref gives a red card, the player leaves the field until the panel has verified the decision, then if it's not a red, the 4th official sends the guy back on at the next break in play.

There could also be a video observer at each game notifying the panel of any incident the ref didn't see that should be reviewed. If the review suggests a red, the ref gets notified and sends the guy off.

Counter-arguments to the use of video are typically:
1) It would slow down the game (which this wouldn't do)
2) Some decisions aren't obvious, even when viewed from 3 angles in slow-motion (true, there will always be some incidents that not everyone agrees on, but there will also be numerous game and season-changing errors that are very clear and would be corrected by the video panel)
3) The game needs controversy so that there's something to discuss in the media/pub (see #2 - there will always be some incidents that not everyone agrees on)

I'll even waive my consultation fee if they want me to help them set it up :-)

Was worth a punt. Never likely to get off, but equally there was little chance of being further penalised for a frivolous appeal, so why not.

FWIW, I am not sure it was a red. I can see how it could be given, but equally I can see how you could argue the opposite.

Having looked at it a few times, I'm sure it risked a red – they've been given for much less, to Nolito to start with – and if Ferny, who I have the greatest respect for normally, was unaware of that, well then, he was pretty stupid. A totally unnecessary suspension, at a time when we need him. Also, I think the appeal was pointless, and we can appeal till the cows come home, it will change nothing. Annoyed about this.

I don't think it'd be that difficult to have a three-man ref panel ready during all games, that could quickly look at the footage from games in progress and make quick decisions. If a ref gives a red card, the player leaves the field until the panel has verified the decision, then if it's not a red, the 4th official sends the guy back on at the next break in play.

There could also be a video observer at each game notifying the panel of any incident the ref didn't see that should be reviewed. If the review suggests a red, the ref gets notified and sends the guy off.

Counter-arguments to the use of video are typically:
1) It would slow down the game (which this wouldn't do)
2) Some decisions aren't obvious, even when viewed from 3 angles in slow-motion (true, there will always be some incidents that not everyone agrees on, but there will also be numerous game and season-changing errors that are very clear and would be corrected by the video panel)
3) The game needs controversy so that there's something to discuss in the media/pub (see #2 - there will always be some incidents that not everyone agrees on)

I'll even waive my consultation fee if they want me to help them set it up :-)
NFL has one ref/team of refs in a TV room in NY?
They get to watch the video and make the call.
Can't hear the crowd noise or see the manager's reactions.
Not saying should have the same but could have something similar for video check.

Premier League is Corrupt

Silly to appeal however, if we cited Rojo's challenges and said as these went unpunished we assumed this type of tackle was now legal or is it that this team is receiving preferential treatment? If not then we assume the referee's have been reprimanded and demoted and if not why not?

Not surprised... Ferns tackle was harsh and he risked the red.
For curiosity's sake does the FA have an established process in place to critique officiating?

NFL has one ref/team of refs in a TV room in NY?
They get to watch the video and make the call.
Can't hear the crowd noise or see the manager's reactions.
Not saying should have the same but could have something similar for video check.

Premier League is Corrupt

They have this or similar in Cricket, Rugby League and Rugby Union, why it hasn't been introduced in football yet stinks.

Obviously I don't know how the panel works but I assume you can put a case forward; I wonder if we used it as an opportunity to point out a few inconsistencies recently. Maybe we knew it wouldn't be rescinded but served notice of our intention if things don't change .... We can hope

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.