Man city lose appeal against Fernandinho red

I'm interested to see what happens to Bournemouth's appeal for Francis red. I thought the tackles were very similar.

Not surprised... Ferns tackle was harsh and he risked the red.
For curiosity's sake does the FA have an established process in place to critique officiating?

A good point made above you....

How is the rojo, Barkely tackles justified by those corrupt fuckers at the FA???

Everything about that statement stinks, aloof and clearly reinforcing that they are the boss... Personally I think we've lost a little bit of bite within the club, not just on the field. We have developed a clean cut image that isn't relevant to the English game, thus we get a little bit bullied (imo).. It all started after FFP, we should of took on UEFA and marked our territory...

Anyway, this doesn't detract from Dinho being a right lemon for what was a clear sending off, it just doesn't help with how the FA view us!!!

FWIW, I am not sure it was a red. I can see how it could be given, but equally I can see how you could argue the opposite.
I agree.

I think everyone's too focused on the 'no foot on the ground' part, which is a bit of a red herring in my opinion. It's not in the rules, but has become the main arbiter in these types of challenges. If the ref see's both feet in the air, he often automatically reaches for the red, regardless of anything else - hence the ridiculous Feghouli and Francis (?) red cards. It also means that players get away with much more dangerous tackles if the trailing foot is barely in contact with the ground - "Sure, he went right over the top with his studs showing, but he did have his big toe skimming the grass, so a yellow's the right decision for me, Bob".

It seems like these guidelines for refs are all about simplifying the interpretation to allow the ref to make a quick call (feet off the ground - red, otherwise not), but it's no good if the quick call is often the wrong one when you look at it more carefully.

NFL has one ref/team of refs in a TV room in NY?
They get to watch the video and make the call.
Can't hear the crowd noise or see the manager's reactions.
Not saying should have the same but could have something similar for video check.

Premier League is Corrupt

I can't stand the NFL replays, don't know how many times I've watched the slow motion replay and am convinced they still got it wrong....
No easy fixes, I'd rather keep the format as is with emphasis on improving the existing officials. Add another subordinate on the field?
I also can't stand the players crowding around the official after he stops play....

Was worth a punt. Never likely to get off, but equally there was little chance of being further penalised for a frivolous appeal, so why not.

FWIW, I am not sure it was a red. I can see how it could be given, but equally I can see how you could argue the opposite.
It was a red, but only obviously from replays, and mason wasn't initially convinced until ferguson gave his opinion into mason's ear.

I hope we build a video dossier of all the tackles that aren't punished by a red and then ask why not. I will start with the Rojo x 2 fouls, any more?

They will say the generic response when you write to the FA. People often compare incidents but no two are ever the same. They are stubborn, bent and corrupt and will not enter into debate unless generic. That's probably all City would get back but we should absolutely start employing investigators to look into referees. It stinks.

Watching spuds/renters here in the states
They mentioned,
(Alli just scored)
They mentioned the officiating assoc. issued a release to its members regarding red cards i.e. No cards issued for 2 Rojo incidents...
As far as this match.....
The difference between a goal and not is so close
We're not far off we're just unsettled
(Our so called lack of talent included)
Get behind the lads we'll be alright!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.