Your favourite ever City away game?

barcelona in 1974 for their 75th aniversary. yes they picked city! seeing the camp nou was awesome and the steaks they sold on the concourse beat a balti pie anyday. and we went to that chapel near the ground where we were given pennants and posters about the game. for nothing of course and we got a tour of the ground as well. think they were impressed that city fans had turned up for what was really only a friendly.

Lovely sunny day and a fantastic away following. Same day as the Strangeways riot!
Remember it being sunny, but didn't remember the strangeways bit. I remember we didn't have a hope in hell. The celebrations when Reid scored the winner following white's rebound off the post were epic. I also remember the singing on the buses afterwards on the way to the train station. Never experienced anything similar since.

Blackburn and Schalke right up there but for me West Ham away first game of Sven's reign. The start of a different Manchester City.

Rags 1-3 1967/68, spurs same season, Newcastle 3-4 one of the the best. Leicester 0-1 cup Nelly all maroon strip, climbed over the wall for that one. West Brom final, got a job clearing straw off the pitch for free entry. Gillingham anyone, my lad saying can we go ? No ,you're a City fan, learn to suffer. Still rags in semi tops the lot for me.

For sheer surprise, West Ham away in 2007, Sven's first game, where we were still learning whether Elano was called Blumer, wondered who was our rolls royce RB with long (Charlie Corluka!) and that goal from Giovanni to seal it after Nedum's barnstorming run! Won't go down in the history books but on a sunny day at Upton Park it will go down as one of my personal favorites!

A lot already mentioned but also Newcastle, yaya' s two goals before QPR game, standing there at the end thinking we are gonna win the league after all these years.

Remember it being sunny, but didn't remember the strangeways bit. I remember we didn't have a hope in hell. The celebrations when Reid scored the winner following white's rebound off the post were epic. I also remember the singing on the buses afterwards on the way to the train station. Never experienced anything similar since.

Weird how your memory plays tricks on you. Was definitely the day they first went up onto the roof, but I thought that, despite it being April(?), it was snowing, as opposed to sunny?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.