Your favourite ever City away game?

For the game that I was at - Newcastle when we won the title with a 4-3 victory on the last day of the season.

For watching on the telly, no contest - the swamp and the 6-1 hiding we handed them.

I was at that game behind the goal. Dibble was getting loads for letting two goals in and giving some back. He then takes that kick and is carried off, everyone was convinced he was putting it on, no idea if he was but I would love to ask him now lol!
Mrs Moon's first away game, we had half the ground, only City could come back from 0-2 without a keeper, miss a pen, get 3-2 up and then gift an equaliser.

I'd taken a camera to the game and would have had some great shots of the inflateables but the chemists lost them, must have been some rag developing them and thought fuck it.

I am in the middle of that lot somewhere lol! A mad day, £100 for a black market ticket in their home end behind the goal but Blues everywhere, including one sat to the left of me. We were sussed as Blues fairly early on and had to mute our celebrations until we got onto that pitch then let rip! The party continued in central Manchester and then Didsbury, what a day and what a night!
Bloody hell £100.Me and my mate had 2 Blackburn season tickets which were the old book types. they both had about 3 of the extra numbered tickets which we give to lads on the coach without tickets.Every one of them got in.Never paid for a drink all night.Happy days.

Boxing day at Stoke in fancy dress, I was 14 years old and apart from a shit result and seeing a lot of fans get battered (our fans), it was an exhilarating experience and one I'll never forget. It was carnage outside the vic pub. Many Stoke fans I know blame Peter Coates for allowing us 12,000 tickets and being a greedy money grabber.

My first ever City European away. Was one of the most debauched nights of my life and amazingly my wife (we weren't married at the time) was with me for the whole thing.

Bloody hell £100.Me and my mate had 2 Blackburn season tickets which were the old book types. they both had about 3 of the extra numbered tickets which we give to lads on the coach without tickets.Every one of them got in.Never paid for a drink all night.Happy days.

I was asking loads of Blackburn fan's to sell their tickets with no luck. A well dressed man and woman got out of a taxi and I just knew they had a spare ticket. Unfortunately for me a tout got to them first and sold it on minutes later. Getting desperate I bought mine from a Manchester tout as time was running out. Worth every penny!

At Newcastle, with my Dad in 1968 to see us win the League. I think the game lasted about 15 minutes. Felt like that.
OT same season, 3-1 to us, with my hero George Heslop scoring an amazing header.
Stoke fancy dress - crazy day. Unforgettable even though we lost. Remember getting pissed in some Marston's pub with the locals. No idea where it was to this day.
At Oldham getting absolutely pissed wet through to the skin in their open end.
At Leicester one year, on my tod in no man's land while ours and theirs chucked house bricks over my head.

Just a few.

My first cup final 69 also 68 at Newcastle,on the pitch after the game.Everton away cup 81 great game.Rags away 68 3-1,Villa park semi-finals 69 and 81 plus lots lots more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.