Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

16 men from a 3 mile radius of Abedi's house have travelled to Syria and Iraq to fight for ISIS

This is Manchester 2017
That is so profoundly wrong. How can we as a society allow that to happen. If we do allow it, it should be a one way trip with no return.

16 men from a 3 mile radius of Abedi's house have travelled to Syria and Iraq to fight for ISIS

This is Manchester 2017
Same story yet again. People on watch lists left to come and go as they please from places like Syria after fighting for ISIS. It's time to take serious action and execute anyone affiliated with any extremist organisation. Either that or creat our own Guantanamo style prison for them, never to be released.

It's happening too much and the authorities always seem to have been keeping tabs on them. Well what good is that if they just let them walk round free. Fuck their human rights.

'Breaking news' Bomber had proven ISIS links, so why the hell was he walking the streets
That's what I don't get?
He was 'known' to the security services..
What the hell does that mean?
If he was dodgy why was he allowed back in the country from Libya?
It's not fucking good enough!!
We deserve answers because this piece of shit has massacred children

The following article makes for grim reading as to the future of our society:
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7861/british-muslims-survey
Just to recap some salutary points:
- 33% of the Muslim community have sympathy for some acts of Islamic related terrorism.
- 23% want Sharia Law to be applied to the Muslim community.
- 100,000 agree with a 'radical' interprepretation of Islam. That's 3% of the Muslim community - not something to tar the whole Muslim community with but a significant amount nonetheless.

On the other hand.
- 80% of the Muslim community think this country is a great place to live with our societies tollarance.
- Many, many people in the Muslim community Are standing up to the forces of Radicalisation.

Personally I think some things need to change:
- First, it is not a radical interpretation of Islam it is Fascist. Religious based fascism rather than nationalist based but Fascism all the same. We must stop using the term Radical Islam. it needs to be replaced with the term Isamofascism at all levels. Radical implies some sort of caring, sharing people first ideology. it is nothing if the sort.
- Secondly the political left needs to take the Islamofascists to task as much as they take the Alt-right to rask. Stop pretending that because these views are based in a minority community that they are in anyway acceptable. They are not.
- Thirdly the moderate/liberal Muslims fighting this cancer in their community badly need our help and support.
- Fourthly, zero tolerance for Islamophobia And Isamofascism in equal measure. Challenge these opinions at all times but not in a manner that make the moderate/liberal Muslims life more difficult.

With the impending collapse of the ISIL caliphate many radicalised fighters will be returning to the UK. Their UK citizenship must me revoked. We cannot allow these people back into the UK without these people being deprogrammed.

It's going to be tough but we can get there.
Acceptance of this is paramount for me, unless we act in the interests of the majority of muslims, and help and
support them, we'll never eradicate this cancer. It has, through the malign influence of political correctness, been
distasteful to confront the figures shown in this report, but their veracity is born out by the sheer numbers who have
joined IS; then, there is the silence of many more of their 'supporters' who have not gone, but have sympathy for the cause.

Statement on official site saying shop and tours aren't open today.

Wonder if anyone know if it's being used as a support centre today?

Unfortunately we have a group of 10 year old Spanish exchange kids staying with us who are desperate to take photos of the stadium.

Obviously don't think it's right to take them if it's still being used and don't want to phone the club as don't want to tie up any lines with such a trivial matter when I sure they are being inundated with calls.

i can only agree here,yes he was known with links to ISIS so as my above post he should have not been walking the streets, round them up 'all suspects' do the homework and either deport them back to their mother country and for the British suspects then tag them untill they are proven safe

"Round them up" is what we did in northern Ireland, it didn't work and we helped recruiting for the IRA. Lots of argument on here about religion being the cause or not. Also politics, oil? The one common aspect in so many confrontations throughout history has been that an element of society has felt disadvantaged in some way and a proportion of those have taken to violence to fight back. The sides in these arguments have had many different identifiers, Religion, political, power, food etc. On a much less relevant level you can include football. Disadvantage between clubs drives rivalry and we have even seen bits of that on this thread. Common sense needs to prevail through the fear. We did not lock up or throw out all English Catholics in the 70s and we need to show the same common sense now.

That is so profoundly wrong. How can we as a society allow that to happen. If we do allow it, it should be a one way trip with no return.
Politicians blustering
Elected Mayors waffling
The endless poetry
So long as all this carries on it will be allowed to happen unchecked, until our politicians grow a pair and actually do something to crack down on Islamist recruitment within our societies it will actually flourish in the coming years

Xiphos, these people who are a potential risk how do you know about them? Was it from a reliable news source? Not saying you are wrong but if such a statement is made you need to back it up with the source. Since you made that post there have been a number of others picking it up and adding their take on it. They heard it on Bluemoon, was your source a more reliable one? It's important to know.

I would agree with you but the fact that all the attacks are coming from a single demographic.

Where are all the indiscriminate attacks from people with other backgrounds? Or are people of middle eastern and north African descent genetically more disposed to having warped feelings and wanting to attack others whilst killing themselves in the process? (the answer is "of course not").

I think suicide bombing started in Sri Lanka with the Tamil issue I think - so not just the Middle East and N Africa I'm afraid.

Politicians blustering
Elected Mayors waffling
The endless poetry
So long as all this carries on it will be allowed to happen unchecked, until our politicians grow a pair and actually do something to crack down on Islamist recruitment within our societies it will actually flourish in the coming years

As soon as you 'crack down' on something it becomes more appealing to those likely to turn. This breed of terrorism is all about desecrating Western values and trying to prohibit that will only fuel the flames.

It requires education and integration, but that's long term which our politicians seemingly don't do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.