Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every fan base has its fair share of degenerates. If having a portion of fans who are horrible and arrogant makes you a bad club, then nearly every club in the world is a horrible club.
True and you are correct but even as an Arsenal fan you must see how you do have a larger percentage of idiots ringing Talksport/5Live (they do provoke Arsenal fans to be fair) and Arsenal Fan TV does nothing for your image either. But like you say, fans don't equal the club.

So you are admitting that he's unhappy. But you are correct, you can't replace him as most top players want champions league football.

Sure, where did I say hes happy. He wants to go to Man city, its not up to him though as he has a contract, and Im sure he ll respect his contract and get on with it. 12 months is a long time in football.

Wenger' view is not that "they'd sell for 50m to a club outside England like a shot" but that Sanchez simply is not for sale. If Kroenke supports this view there's nothing Sanchez or City can do other than wait patiently for next summer. Those arguing that Sanchez should go on strike are thoroughly irresponsible and will get no encouragement from our club. But do we actually have any hard evidence/proof that Sanchez is a priority or that we are prepared to pay £50 million for him? Is there any reason to believe that we have approached Arsenal or actually made a bid?
I wouldn't expect Wenger to say anything else publicly other than he isn't for sale to anyone. I'm not convinced Wenger or kroenke will be prepared to lose the 50m on him under any circumstances but if that 50m was coming from PSG or Bayern, I think they would be very relieved to be able to take the money on a player who will walk next season and not have to lose face by selling to us. So yes, I think they would sell abroad for 50m like a shot. But clearly Wenger wouldn't say that at this point, it would be mad if he did. Just my opinion though.

True and you are correct but even as an Arsenal fan you must see how you do have a larger percentage of idiots ringing Talksport/5Live (they do provoke Arsenal fans to be fair) and Arsenal Fan TV does nothing for your image either. But like you say, fans don't equal the club.
I think a lot of that is the amount of media exposure we get, and you say, Arsenal fans are quite often baited by these sort of shows.

When I talk about Arsenal being a good club, its things like this that make me believe we are generally a good club http://www.hadleysheroes.co.uk/2016...-my-little-southampton-fans-dreams-come-true/

Is Sanchez still in Chile or has he met up with the Arsenal squad yet?

i personally think we'll end up getting him with a ridiculous transfer fee..not that i'm bothered by it, but Arsenal won't refuse £70m if we bid that kind of money.

i personally think we'll end up getting him with a ridiculous transfer fee..not that i'm bothered by it, but Arsenal won't refuse £70m if we bid that kind of money.

Was on a private jet yesterday per his IG but still looked to be in Chile.

Still on his jollies mate lol

“Alexis plays for Arsenal,” said the former Barcelona boss. “So Arsene said that, he knows more than me. Unfortunately the market finishes August 31, it should finish at the start of the season because it’s too long, too hard.

“We have two really good strikers in Sergio (Aguero) and Gabriel (Jesus) so, in that terms, we are good, it’s not about a striker.

“The problem was last season Gabriel was out for a long time and we would like to see both of them together."

You'd think so wouldn't you. I think they'd sell for 50m to a club outside England like a shot. The fact that they would even consider losing 50m rather than selling him to us is hilarious. It's fucking ridiculous and IMO doesn't show that they're a strong club or a big club all it shows is how frightened they are of how it will look if we take their best player. The fact they are prepared to make such stupid business decisions as some kind of show of strength shows the opposite to me. If they really were a strong club they'd do what was best, sell Sanchez, buy a decent replacement and wouldn't give a shit about us. Actually if they were a strong club, he'd want to sign anew contract.
Once every decision in football becomes a 'business decision' it's all a fucking waste of time. If Spurs had had a bit of backbone in the past instead of continually selling their best players to the rags and Madrid they might have won a title in the last 50 years. If Sanchez breaks his leg he'll expect Arsenal to stump up his money whilst he's injured.
If we've made a bid and they've rejected it, he needs to get his head down and see out the last year of his contract. If he is still wanted at City and if he still wants to come, he will arrive next summer.
This is the first year that Wenger hasn't finished top 4 and I don't see how they're more likely to get back in if they sell their best player, as is true of any team hoping to challenge for the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.