Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that says to me is we are in for him. Clearly. And that we are getting pissed with the time it's taking and that we want it boxed off before the season starts.

Why else bring up the length of the window.
Kinda sounds to me like they may have been making tentative enquiries but are just being blanked so are completely in the dark as to what's going on at Arsenal.

They need to get a bid in sooner rather than later. At least that way you'll know once and for all if Arsenal will sell this summer. Unless it's all a big game from us and we are playing you along to try and hinder your transfer business right to the last minute and you can't get anyone else in. Which would be slightly scummy from us I admit.

Once every decision in football becomes a 'business decision' it's all a fucking waste of time. If Spurs had had a bit of backbone in the past instead of continually selling their best players to the rags and Madrid they might have won a title in the last 50 years. If Sanchez breaks his leg he'll expect Arsenal to stump up his money whilst he's injured.
If we've made a bid and they've rejected it, he needs to get his head down and see out the last year of his contract. If he is still wanted at City and if he still wants to come, he will arrive next summer.
This is the first year that Wenger hasn't finished top 4 and I don't see how they're more likely to get back in if they sell their best player, as is true of any team hoping to challenge for the league.
It's not just a business decision, it's also a football decision because in a situation like this you can't separate the two. They let him go for nothing and they get one year from a very good player but then he's gone and he needs replacing. Sell him now, get as much as they can and they have a fair old wedge to put towards the top replacement who will have a 4 or 5 year contract and can take Arsenal forward in the longer term. I don't see that as a cynical thing, it is just part of football and in a situation like this where he is so close to being able to go for nowt then of course the transfer fee or lack of it next year becomes a huge issue. I totally agree if they choose to keep him then he needs to still play his best, I certainly don't agree with the "go on strike" sentiment, I think that is awful. He's perfectly entitled to put in a transfer request though, wouldn't have an issue with him doing that and then Arsenal have to make a decision and can do what they like. If it was City, I think I'd rather we sold an unhappy player and spent the money on building for the future, I would see that as the wise decision.

Kinda sounds to me like they may have been making tentative enquiries but are just being blanked so are completely in the dark as to what's going on at Arsenal.

They need to get a bid in sooner rather than later. At least that way you'll know once and for all if Arsenal will sell this summer. Unless it's all a big game from us and we are playing you along to try and hinder your transfer business right to the last minute and you can't get anyone else in. Which would be slightly scummy from us I admit.

He correlated the window length directly to the Sanchez question.

It's clear to me what Pep is saying here. You are being difficult about it and intend to drag it on, hence that's why he feels the window is too long.

If it ended sooner this would be done now.

Personally I think our interest is full on and we have absolutely put a bid in.

Sanchez wants to come here. Arsenal need to step up and do the right thing.

Had you finished top 4 you would not be having this fight

We're a lot of things, but a horrible club we certainly aren't.

Arsenal are a horrible club. City are a horrible club. Pretty much every professional team is horrible now. Doesn't mean we don't love our own team and hate the others for being horrible. For the record, I'm glad you are here to banter.

cant see why we need to bid yes lodge an interest so both club and players agent so they know we want him but in mean time let arsenal stew they need money for replacements we're well covered anyway

He correlated the window length directly to the Sanchez question.

It's clear to me what Pep is saying here. You are being difficult about it and intend to drag it on, hence that's why he feels the window is too long.

If it ended sooner this would be done now.

Personally I think our interest is full on and we have absolutely put a bid in.

Sanchez wants to come here. Arsenal need to step up and do the right thing.

Had you finished top 4 you would not be having this fight

Selling him to you is not a wrong option

Holding him to his contract is not the wrong option

The only wrong option is the opposite one to what a fan wants, if you catch my drift. If the situation was reversed, would you say selling Aguero to us is the right thing to do if he only had one year left in his contract? Be honest now.

The only wrong option is the opposite one to what a fan wants, if you catch my drift. If the situation was reversed, would you say selling Aguero to us is the right thing to do if he only had one year left in his contract? Be honest now.
We would never let him be in the last yr of his contract,you have fucked up letting Alexis be in this position

1/ Would never happen, I can't understand why Arsenal make themselves vulnerable to this sort of thing repeatedly. Very rarely happens at other clubs, it must be very frustrating for you. In some ways such a well run club then in some way seem to shoot themselves in the foot.

2/ Yes, certainly. £50m immediately reinvested into a new striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.