Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swapping Sterling for Sanchez would be daft which is why I think (hope) it's bullshit. We can afford Sanchez without it, and we need Sanchez (or equivalent) not just for his quality but also depth. We have only 4 forwards - Jesus, Aguero, Sane and Sterling, and often play with 3. One gets injured or suspended (like Sterling for out next game) then you have no forwards on the bench.

Also he's young, English, a good character, worth a lot of money, improving, motivated and has earned us 4 points in 2 games.

If he is an upgrade then who cares?

I don't believe it is an upgrade. It might make sense for one season. This is the problem: Guardiola needs instant success and goals are a problem for City because Aguero is losing it.

If we replace Aguero, we should do it with a long term replacement not a player who is going to decline. I was hoping we persist with Aguero and Jesus for one more season and then buy in 12 months.

Any move for Sanchez entirely rests on whether you think he can maintain his goals and assists. If you think he can then we should do it and vice versa.

Sanchez is most definitely an upgrade on Sterling in the here and now but that doesn't address the bigger picture of, can Sterling be better than Sanchez? In my opinion the answer is no.

Sanchez is also currently better than Sane and Jesus but I think both have the potential to be as good, if not better than Sanchez. I would be 100% against any swap deal involving those guys.

Probably, but it is also a bit worrying that from Arsenal's perspective they can hardly let Sanchez go now with no replacement and nothing positive to sell to the fans. There would be a riot. Wenger needs something positive to spin if he's to retain his job / life. I just seriously hope Pep is not so desperate to fall for it.

Pep is supposed to be building a team for the future, a platform for the future. Selling one of England's brightest prospects at age 22, is not this.

We are buying Evans as we desperately need home grown players, we have sold Nolito, Navas and Iheanacho so we need attacking players. Why on earth would we sell a home grown attacker? Arsenal will probably sign Mahrez to replace Sanchez and another defender and the masses would be somewhat calmed.

No way on god's earth Aguero will go.

Sterling, maybe. If he does, Pep will well and truly have his cock on the block this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.