'Someone will kill a child': School run parking fears

It's ridiculous on the roads during term time, during the holiday there is literally a 10th of the traffic at 7.45am, during term time I leave at 7.15 to avoid the traffic.
I don't understand why kids have to be chauffeured to school when they live 5 mins walk away

Maybe the parents drop them off at school then carry on their journey to work in the car? The school where my little one will go to is about a 20 min walk away. So thats 20 mins there, saying 5 mins at the school, then 20 mins walk back then jump in the car and head to work.

Or

2 mins in the car, 5 mins messing about then straight off to work

45 mins or 7 mins? whats it to be?

Maybe the parents drop them off at school then carry on their journey to work in the car? The school where my little one will go to is about a 20 min walk away. So thats 20 mins there, saying 5 mins at the school, then 20 mins walk back then jump in the car and head to work.

Or

2 mins in the car, 5 mins messing about then straight off to work

45 mins or 7 mins? whats it to be?

Or... wave your kid goodbye, let them walk the 20 minutes to school, nice bit of morning exercise.
Even less messing about for you, straight into work..

Had this discussion in our village. Kids walking to school? You think we asked them to cut their heads off. Ridiculous excuses. To dangerous because there are to many cars, I kid you not. It was even suggested that parents car share..not going to go along this route again just to painful. f...ing numpties the lot of them. Nobody in our village lives so far away from the school that the kids can't walk.

Had this discussion in our village. Kids walking to school? You think we asked them to cut their heads off. Ridiculous excuses. To dangerous because there are to many cars, I kid you not. It was even suggested that parents car share..not going to go along this route again just to painful. f...ing numpties the lot of them. Nobody in our village lives so far away from the school that the kids can't walk.
in a nutshell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-41399134

A parent who drove into a teacher at the school gates has been given a 10-month jail sentence.

Dramatic CCTV footage of the incident in Woking prompted you to share some of your stories and concerns about dangerous driving at school pick-up and drop-off.
St Anne's primary in Audenshaw , so many that go there park and drive like absolute wankers,even one of the temporary teachers. Police come every now and again because of reports from the residents. They stop for a couple of days then go straight back to it.

whilst we are at it ticket every **** that parks on the pavement. why should a mother walk on the road cos they can't get past. selfish bone idle cunts.

From the guy who constantly parks on double yellows and blocks the pavement outside his emporium

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.