Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's unhappy I don't think it's just that he was subbed off against Spurs, but it's combination of that and him not playing even a minute of the derby. Guys like Aguero have to play the biggest matches, otherwise you hurt their confidence and ego, it's like this with a lot of South American star players. On one hand I think it's not the best man management by Pep, but on the other hand I also don't think any one player should force the coach to make any tactical compromises.

Jesus hasn't scored in, what, 7 games? I don't think Sergio being an unreliable goalscorer is a legitimate argument when Jesus isn't exactly banging them in either.

The knives are out here,you won't win,he's not upto it no more Aguero if you ask on here,very short memories some,but they will be the ones that shed the most tears when he goes

Jesus hasn't scored in, what, 7 games? I don't think Sergio being an unreliable goalscorer is a legitimate argument when Jesus isn't exactly banging them in either.

The knives are out here,you won't win,he's not upto it no more Aguero if you ask on here,very short memories some,but they will be the ones that shed the most tears when he goes

It's fuck all to do with either of them scoring goals but about who would press Spurs' back line into making mistakes more so the team could benefit. He pressed well first half but totally stopped in the first 10 minutes of the second and rightly got subbed.

I'd be sad to see him go but I don't think it would be a disaster and I don't think he'd be hard to replace. Certainly there are strikers out there who fit the bill of what Pep wants better.

Barcelona have Messi, Real have Ronaldo, PSG have Cavani, Juventus have Higuain, Bayern have Lewandoski. It gives me no pleasure to say it but Aguero isn't at that level as a goalscorer at the moment.
Aguero scored more last season than Higuin and more this season in less games. Would also rather have Aguero than Cavani.

hopefully we can get Sanchez in Jan then, to give cover and options so Kun can have a bit of time off to get his heel sorted and then come back for the big CL games at the end of the season fresh and on fire.

Call me biased but I think he's the best striker in the Prem and has been for the last few years. I honestly only see Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar as attackers clearly above him.

First and foremost he will forever be a legend of our club.

However his game isnt suited to the way we play now. His link up play just isnt there and moves are constantly breaking down when the ball is played to him. He is on his own when it comes to making a goal out of nothing around the box but i think the team as a whole plays better when Jesus is up top . And we would go to another level entirely with Sanchez.

It pains me to say it as he is a special player but i think he may look to move on :(

Anyone who seriously believes Kun is twice the player Jesus is at the moment needs their head checked. As a pure in the box striker Aguero edges Jesus slightly for me but its plain to see that when Jesus is on the pitch his workrate off the ball, his movement, and his pressing makes us a better team.

Sergio told a couple of teammates he thought he was off last summer.

He's running himself into the ground but for some reason, it just doesn't seem natural to him and the team is less cohesive in the press than when Jesus is on.

I wouldn't begrudge Sergio any decision he might want to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.