Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

That defending is as bad as anything we have done since the first half of last season. Also we were yards slower than usual in midfield & kept misplacing simple passes we could normally play without looking.
Fair play your defending was as bad if not worse than ours for a while there. Prior to that it was an open game that could have gone either way. I think we were quick to punish you for the errors defensively which perhaps magnifys the mistakes we had you on the ropes for a while like you had us on the ropes at the end quickly capitalising on our errors.

Definitely a foul for me.
I can't see how anyone is saying it wasn't how can you be strong against something you cannot see coming as it's right in your back? You can see by the way he stumbles straight after the contact what causes it, yet people want to look at Stones' feet and say he just tripped over himself or some other bollocks? Too eager to dig our players out some people.

The issue was we couldn’t play pass their intital press. They wasn’t particularly good at it, there was gaps everywhere but there was no out pass from either the wide players or gundogan in midfield.

Showed the importance of David Silva who is nearly always the man to break the press with his movement to free himself or turn a defender, gundogan simply couldn’t do that and after we passed along the back and through Fernandinho we couldn’t go anywhere else which resulted in us losing the ball so many times.

Definite push on stones for their goal, I was stood right behind it on the second row and the ref had a great view too. probably would have been given had he gone down that ultimately gave them the confidence and led to us collapsing. We can’t expect anything different from refs now though given their incompetence.

We’ve shown signs of having a game like that in recent weeks, we’ve been grinding results rather than winning games comfortably. Reinforcements are definitely needed, we had no alternative to sane, Sterling or aguero today who were all fairly anonymous.

Vital we move on and put on a show next week now to prove this was nothing but a blip. Let’s hope we got all of our mistakes out of us in one game.

The way I see it, Liverpool players all played out of their skins and were probably 9/10, whereas we had too many that had off days and we still nearly bagged a draw. Plenty there for me, Silva should have replaced Sterling a lot sooner, he was getting targeted from the off and didn't really get a kick.

Fair play your defending was as bad if not worse than ours for a while there. Prior to that it was an open game that could have gone either way. I think we were quick to punish you for the errors defensively which perhaps magnifys the mistakes we had you on the ropes for a while like you had us on the ropes at the end quickly capitalising on our errors.

Yes but at least one opposition goal should be created by an assist from the opposition, not a City player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.