Ryan Sessegnon

Quite right Danilo may not have Walkers pace but is a good footballer plus we could bring Maffeo back for the EDS team giving plenty of cover, on the left Mendy Delph and maybe bringing Angelino back for the EDS team does make Zinchenco`s place tenuous, do we need Sessegnon? he is not playing LB or even LWB anymore but is good and very young , there is another foreign player under pressure Bravo from Gunn
Don't think Maffeo and Angelino will go back to playing for the EDS after more than 2 seasons of top flight football apiece.

English. Incredibly young. Already proving himself in a tough league = big fee.

I would like to see him here, having him and Sane would be awesome LW options for quite possibly the next decade.

He is never going to be a LB/LWB, he has proven himself an accomplished attacker and finisher so no point moving him backwards.

If Fulham come up I wonder if we could offer them anything player wise, they may well be interested in a couple of our youngsters.

We can't guarantee him game time. Why on earth would he come here to be understudy to Mendy? At this stage in his development he needs games

I think that Sessegnon would play as an LW, or as a LWB in a 3-5-2. Don`t think he would be a LB in a 4atb formation

Sessegnon has played about 40% of his games as a LB this season, in a back 4.

He's certainly excelling at the LW role this season but remember he's 17, a lot of his problems defensively are physical and from a lack of experience. Pep would sort out his positioning quickly, he'd improve him as a defender, and time will take care of the physical side.

If a club got hold of him and wanted him to be a LB either full time or as a part time role playing on the wing on other occasions, they could definitely do it.

I think we can buy a lot better LW for the price but he is good young and Pep might be up for the challenge

What's special about Sessegnon in my opinion is his Sterling-esque ability to be in the right place at the right time. He anticipates things so well, he arrives in space so well, it's the main reason he scores so many goals. However, unlike Sterling (23 year old sterling) he has a variety of finishes, and better crossing. He takes people on in a way more similar to Sané, but he's more comfortable with his right foot than Sané.

If it sounds like I'm saying he's better than those two, I'm not, obviously they are playing at a much higher level and with much greater consistency, but Sessegnon has the ability to become a hybrid of the two, a real all-round winger.

I don't think we'll be interested in him though. We seem to be looking at players who'll make an impact in big games and improve our side immediately, which isn't a 17 year old.

Last edited:
We can't guarantee him game time. Why on earth would he come here to be understudy to Mendy? At this stage in his development he needs games

I actually don't think that's true at all. Academy players who are trying to make the step up need games. Sessegnon has played 80 professional games, he's not at that stage any more, and I think the place he's going to improve most is at a club with a world class manager, surrounded by great players, where he'll still play but not necessarily every week.

That might not be us. Spurs would certainly be a good choice, maybe Liverpool too depending on what their plans would be, but he definitely doesn't need to spend the next 2 or 3 years playing at the top of the championship or bottom of the premier league.

Quite right Danilo may not have Walkers pace but is a good footballer plus we could bring Maffeo back for the EDS team giving plenty of cover, on the left Mendy Delph and maybe bringing Angelino back for the EDS team does make Zinchenco`s place tenuous, do we need Sessegnon? he is not playing LB or even LWB anymore but is good and very young , there is another foreign player under pressure Bravo from Gunn
You want to make Pablo Maffeo play youth football next season? He's been starting games all season for Girona and has one of the better young players in all of La Liga. There's a reason big teams are looking at him.

Championship player of the year at 17/18 tells me he is something special. We should sell danilo bring back maffeo and sign this lad, him and delph can cover Mendy and he can fight with sane over the lw spot. He would be a great signing home grown and can cover two positions the lad will get plenty of minutes.

You want to make Pablo Maffeo play youth football next season? He's been starting games all season for Girona and has one of the better young players in all of La Liga. There's a reason big teams are looking at him.

"Look Pablo, I know Atletico, Valencia and Sevilla have been interested in signing you, but we really think you could add something to the under 23's this season."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.