Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh...

First up, Liverpool as a football team are playing great football this year and deserve their success. Any right minded football fan would agree.

The club and the fans tho......This intent to whip up a febrile "hostile" environment is really troubling. The line from them is they're not to blame for the acts of some mindless louts at games. The majority shouldn't shame the minority, etc. I get that. Problem is though, they have been reckless in the extreme in terms of their involvement with "welcomes" to opposing teams and fans. It is amazing they are so reckless given the history of the Liverpool fanbase, given that 14 of their fanbase were convicted by a court for causing the death of 39 people which led to an entire ban on all English clubs in European competitions.

Their actions pre QF were reckless and dangerous in themselves, leaving alone the dangerous and disgusting history of their fans. 600+ missile raining down on a bus driving down a public road isn't "atmosphere". It is sinister and dangerous. It sends out signals that this is all somehow ok and provides an excuse for the minority to pick at and behave as they seek to. The club then, despite all this, misguidedly publicised a "welcome" for the semi. It is very likely that this permeated into the Roma support and may well have led to their disgraceful behaviour last night*.

Liverpool as a club, and Liverpool fans, need to acknowledge that this isn't on and is dangerous. Unless or until that happens there is a risk that more people will be hurt attending football matches involving Liverpool. Their fans, more than anyone, should understand that losing your life as a consequence of going to a football match should NEVER happen.

*UEFA after the QF could have acted and ordered a behind closed doors punishment. if they had have done so the poor sod from last night wouldn't have been in the position to be hurt. They need to have a good look a themselves too.

Ugh...

First up, Liverpool as a football team are playing great football this year and deserve their success. Any right minded football fan would agree.

The club and the fans tho......This intent to whip up a febrile "hostile" environment is really troubling. The line from them is they're not to blame for the acts of some mindless louts at games. The majority shouldn't shame the minority, etc. I get that. Problem is though, they have been reckless in the extreme in terms of their involvement with "welcomes" to opposing teams and fans. It is amazing they are so reckless given the history of the Liverpool fanbase, given that 14 of their fanbase were convicted by a court for causing the death of 39 people which led to an entire ban on all English clubs in European competitions.

Their actions pre QF were reckless and dangerous in themselves, leaving alone the dangerous and disgusting history of their fans. 600+ missile raining down on a bus driving down a public road isn't "atmosphere". It is sinister and dangerous. It sends out signals that this is all somehow ok and provides an excuse for the minority to pick at and behave as they seek to. The club then, despite all this, misguidedly publicised a "welcome" for the semi. It is very likely that this permeated into the Roma support and may well have led to their disgraceful behaviour last night*.

Liverpool as a club, and Liverpool fans, need to acknowledge that this isn't on and is dangerous. Unless or until that happens there is a risk that more people will be hurt attending football matches involving Liverpool. Their fans, more than anyone, should understand that losing your life as a consequence of going to a football match should NEVER happen.

*UEFA after the QF could have acted and ordered a behind closed doors punishment. if they had have done so the poor sod from last night wouldn't have been in the position to be hurt. They need to have a good look a themselves too.
Spot on but believe me, the last place they will look at is at themselves.

as much as I've grown to hate them their definitely not a long ball team. They weren't long balling against us in either leg and I haven't watched them in any games in the league either. They DID however do it at times last night especially in the 2nd half but only because Romas defence was shocking and it was a quick means of getting the ball to SAlah Firmino etc who had them for breakfast lunch and dinner. Hate to say it but Mourinhos the master at setting up a defence to nullify an attack like Liverpools and part of it is dropping deep and not having slow wing backs like Kolorav bombing forward and not having the legs to get back.
Last nights match was illustrated that they rely heavily on breaking the press by having their forwards make runs to meet over the top balls. Although I do accept they can pass it through as well, the common denominator is that they need the opposing team to be pressing high to be at their most effective. A team playing a low block and attacking on the counter is their nightmare.
I thought Leicester and Vardy were a very good comparison.

Spot on but believe me, the last place they will look at is at themselves.

Aint that the truth....and the problem is that next week in rome it could get far uglier, and all because of this so called atmosphere of greating the coaches that they pride themselves on which gets televised around the world.

The italians would have seen the pictures and videos and would have been rubbing their hands at facing them

Off to the match ,says he,OK says the wife,Have you got your ticket,yes luv,your hip flask,yes luv,scarf,yes luv,Hammer,thanks for the reminder luv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.