City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At kick off, I always look at the back of the upper level. If those seats are filled, it's more or less a sell out. There's definitely wealthy groups living south of Watford, who have season tickets together, but don't always turn up. My mate has spoken with some of these folks in the East Stand. My mate's an easy going guy, but there's some around me in the North Stand who will friendly but firmly ask people why they're leaving with five minutes to go and why a few were leaving before Yaya's farewell "Beating the traffic, bedtime for the kids......." We have no more empty seats proportionately than any of the other clubs with large fan bases, but like West Ham, the design of our ground and the space between the seats means that just a handful of empty seats is noticeable.

A very good point. The modern stadiums have much more legroom and space between seats so empty seats do stand out. Anfeeld and the swamp are so crowded together you do not see the empty seats. However if it was my business I would not have empty seats in the first level of the East stand, a marketing mistake if ever there was one. I would employ a hundred stuffed dummies if need be.
Yeah, when I used to do regular away games, including regular derbies at the Old Toilet in the 70s and 80s, they had crowds of 50-odd thousand before seating was imposed, reducing their attendances before the redesigns of the 90s. I used to look around the Old Toilet knowing there was 50-odd thousand there. But it didn't feel like 50-odd thousand because the stadium seemed relatively small. Just like its then doppleganger stadium - Elland Road, it was cramped. The Maine Road stadium footprint seemed to be bigger. Like you say, the Manure and Anfield stadiums are still cramped in places and the empty seats are not so noticeable - albeit the number of Old Toilet empty seats is getting more obvious on TV now than used to be the case.

A very good point. The modern stadiums have much more legroom and space between seats so empty seats do stand out. Anfeeld and the swamp are so crowded together you do not see the empty seats. However if it was my business I would not have empty seats in the first level of the East stand, a marketing mistake if ever there was one. I would employ a hundred stuffed dummies if need be.

Hahaha

At least they'd still be in their seats at full-time.

Our world widev fan base might have been expanded but our match going fan base has not yet reached capacity otherwise all tickets for all games would be snapped up
We nothing to apologise for .to get near enough full houses for all league ggame and most cup games is some going .plus we could sell our away alocation 5 fold

We sell 98% of tickets for league games and demand will only grow as things stand.

Silliest idea on here yet. I can see your concept and maybe the penalty should be loyalty points. Instead of 190 points at the start of the season for renewal, just allocate for what you attend say 14 games = 140 points. In the grand scheme of things i wont lose any sleep over that as im well off the die hards who are driving to keep their 21k points and loyalty points mean nothing of value to me. I can easily pick up any home or away ticket on the buy and sell pages because those with 21k points ticket whore; and sell on everytime.

If they introduced financial penalties or the risk of reallocation of seats there would be chaos and personally this "threat" would be the final straw for many and i would give up the tickets. Plus how would they ever manage everyone's individual claims like some sort of small claims court...someone was ill, i had work, i was on holidays, train strikes...literally a million and one reasons why someone wont attend a game and who at city makes the decision if that is valid or not. Their customers services department is questionable enough as it is plus near impossible to get in touch with the club for those who have bans.

I actively use the ticket exchange and i think the quota of 6 is fair, i usually hit that number throughout the season and it cuts £200 off my ticket for the following year. Plus city may give me £200 back for 6 games but they can sell those 6 games on for £53 say so £318 revenue for them. Thats an easy £100+ profit plus 6 new sets of fans/cityzens get the matchday experience and prob spend more on food or the superstore if they are daytrippers than i ever would. Plus the most valuable thing, they become fans.
Rag...

We sell 98% of tickets for league games and demand will only grow as things stand.
Trouble is lots of season ticket holders dont go to all the games. and dont get rid of there tickets.ticket agencies dont aldont sell there alocation plus those given comps dont always turn up
It can t be rocket science surly to make sure that everyone who wants a ticket can get one

I like how you admit to giving me abuse. Im not trying to score points and i was just questioning your theory..after all this is a forum and this is a debate. Your inability to answer mine or @Bert Trautmanns Helemet questions on the logic of the of your idea shows how many holes there are in your theory and by swearing repeatedly at me shows how much of a keyboard fool you really are. is that how you act on the street? Just admit your idea completely unrealistic so we can all get on with our day.
If you don't attend on a regular basis or can't be arsed then fuck off...
#CakeAndEatIt
That easier ??

Last edited:

I think its been slightly disappointing that there hasn't been a greater demand for tickets this season, considering the spectacular football on show. It doesn't seem that games are selling out any quicker than in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.