Pablo Maffeo

Erm..... three have done this season and have the medals to prove it.

I've already addressed this. Foden, Diaz and Nmecha have not broken into the senior squad. They are not playing regularly. You can make that claim when they begin to start the odd game and get more than a couple of minutes at the end of games that have already been won.

Absolute joke. Ever since we got taken over our use of youth has been shocking. Maffeo proved he had what it took and we rewarded that by loaning him out and now selling him?!!

And anyone pointing to Foden and Diaz as proof we use youth the both of them have played about 45 minutes of football all season. Not enough by far. I can see a lot more of our academy products following Sancho out the door.

Firstly, this has got nothing to do with the recent achievements of the club. Secondly, 4-5 academy players have NOT broken through. This is a gross distortion of the reality. Foden and Diaz have played something like 70 minutes combined all season in the Premier League. Most of that was introductions in the final minutes of games that had already been won and after the title looked all but confirmed. The only other academy player I can recall getting any minutes at all is Nmecha. In no way can this be described as "breaking through".

The only player to have been materially promoted to the senior squad in recent years is Iheanacho. And that was through need rather than anything else. He was sold that very summer.

You must be on a wind-up?

Even Rashford was introduced through necessity and is now having to take scraps from Mourinho.

We're building careers for footballers, whether they are able to make it with us or not.

I've already addressed this. Foden, Diaz and Nmecha have not broken into the senior squad. You can make that claim when they begin to start the odd game and get more than a couple of minutes at the end of games that have already been won.
Zinchenko would be the third.

And yes they have and they are the youngest PL medal winners (Diaz and Foden).

Well done on watching the friendly though, the club should probably hire you as a youth scout as they’re making a mess of running our club not having geniuses like you in place.

Absolute joke. Ever since we got taken over our use of youth has been shocking. Maffeo proved he had what it took and we rewarded that by loaning him out and now selling him?!!

And anyone pointing to Foden and Diaz as proof we use youth the both of them have played about 45 minutes of football all season. Not enough by far. I can see a lot more of our academy products following Sancho out the door.
And anyone calling it a joke fails to understand the lad had one year left on his contract and is behind Walker and Danilo in terms of talent right now.

There’s a sell on and buy back clause. Great business all round as stated earlier.

Where are all these top Spanish clubs then beating down a path to beat Stuttgart to the punch?

He's a half decent player who will hopefully go on to have a good career, if it's anything more than that, we also have that covered.

Sane was absolutely shit in that friendly with Girona, we should have binned him then when we had the chance.

makes sense. pep happy with walker and danilo and so am i. he'll have a buy back, 110% certain. basically a loan but gives stuttgart more of an incentive to play him + gets some more cash in for ffp. all parties happy.

no need to panic

Spot on. I love Maffeo as much as the next fan but this is 100% the right move for everyone

Danilo has had a handful of good games this season. From what I have seen of Maffeo, I would not say that Danilo is a better player. Perhaps you should watch back our friendly against Girona.
Yeah, lets ignore all the actual games they've both played in their career and base it on a meaningless friendly where Leroy Sane put on an exhibition on how not to defend, allowing Maffeo to put in an attacking performance never before or since seen from him.

In reality, Maffeo has had a solid season where he's offered very little going forwards from wingback, playing every game (1 assist, no goals). Danilo on the other hand has played randomly maybe once every 4 games, at either left or right back, yet has racked up 3 goals and 2 assists in that limited time. Maffeo can do a job defensively, but beyond that, at this point, he's little more than steady, hence why he's moving to a midtable German side for only £8m (which is a pretty decent price for us tbh)

I'm not saying this to be harsh on Maffeo, I think he has bags of potential to become a very useful player, but he's absolutely nowhere near Danilo at this point. Like I said, if he wasn't in our system already, literally no one would have been calling for us to sign him off Girona.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.