If Liverpool or United achieved the same results, there would be no debate

If 100 points doesn't get them onside nothing will,we are more wary of them than they could ever be of us
Look, you’re either arsed or you’re not. We were always a well supported side. We were filling eastlands when we first moved there so any guff from opposition fans is met with a shrug from me.
I have no doubt though, that it’s in the tv companies best interests if United, Arsenal and Liverpool are challenging, hence why we’ll be attacked over the money we spend. Even though we just spend it ‘better’ these days.

Last edited:
Look, you’re either araed or you’re not. We were always a well supported side. We were filling wastelands when we first moved there so any guff from opposition fans is met with a shrug from me.
I have no doubt though, that it’s in the tv companies best interests if United, Arsenal and Liverpool are challenging, hence why we’ll be attacked over the money we spend. Even though we just spend it ‘better’ these days.
The team posting the biggest world wide broadcasting views, breaking all the records on the pitch, playing the best football the league has ever seen is bad for business? Wouldn't it be smarter for them to realise we aren't going anywhere so make the best of it? Also we are bigger than Spurs world wide easily, it's not even close and as for attendance they fill Wembely but London has the tourism that Manchester doesn't.

Or is it not that we don't have the fans/interest but that collectively rival fans are sometimes a lot more interested in negative City spin than they are with a lot of news surrounding their own club?

The thing that gauls me more than anything is we get compared to The Invincibles, and some idiots, like Merson, claim their record is more impressive.

So, most points, most wins, most goals, biggest goal difference, biggest winning margin, 100 points, are all together less impressive than least losses.

But then even if someone points this out, it's "Oh well, to be a truly great side, you've got to win it multiple times". Seen as Arsenal won is 3 times in 7 years, I assume they are not part of this debate?

It's just ridiculous. If it's over one season, Arsenal are better. But when it's proved over one season we're better, one season suddenly doesn't count and you have to win it back to back.

If United or Liverpool had just achieved what we had, it would be on the front page of every newspaper. We're lucky to get a mention in the results section.

Technically Preston were the first Invincibles(22 game season - 27 games unbeaten including cup comps) so Arsenals record isn't even unique. Reaching 100 points has never been done not converting 2 points to 3 not even with 42 game seasons... never been done, along with breaking many other long standing records in the same season. Which has to be a record in itself, the amount of records broke in one season.

Never mind what they say, our logic is sound and they know it is, so we should continue to make as much noise about this as possible because it's killing them really.

The league itself and the none trash media outlets have no excuse for not seeing it and giving the team every plaudit they've rightfully earned. I do think maybe we are expecting the wider acceptance(the public) of what we say a little too soon, as the time passes they will all have to accept the importance of what the team achieved this year. Would we be so willing to accept it if it were the rags or dippers in our situation? Did the arsenal invincibles get the acceptance straight away or did it take time?

Last edited:
The team posting the biggest world wide broadcasting views, breaking all the records on the pitch, playing the best football the league has ever seen is bad for business? Wouldn't it be smarter for them to realise we aren't going anywhere so make the best of it? Also we are bigger than Spurs world wide easily, it's not even close and as for attendance they fill Wembely but London has the tourism that Manchester doesn't.

Or is it not that we don't have the fans/interest but that collectively rival fans are sometimes a lot more interested in negative City spin than they are with a lot of news surrounding their own club?
All I’m saying is the tv companies will want people to tune in and for that to happen there needs to be competition. Not just us blowing everyone away, which to be honest we will over the next 4-5 years, especially when Liverpool lose Salah!
Sky want the best supported clubs in a title race, they want clubs to challenge us, that’s what’s good for business.

All I’m saying is the tv companies will want people to tune in and for that to happen there needs to be competition. Not just us blowing everyone away, which to be honest we will over the next 4-5 years, especially when Liverpool lose Salah!
Sky want the best supported clubs in a title race, they want clubs to challenge us, that’s what’s good for business.

And that is why we get all the crap decisions from the game ‘managers’ as Old Mother Riley’s brood are called.

The only real error in the article is his contention that United and Liverpool don't need to win multiple seasons to be the best team ever. We can see clearly that Liverpool don't need to win anything to be the best team ever.

Look, you’re either arsed or you’re not. We were always a well supported side. We were filling eastlands when we first moved there so any guff from opposition fans is met with a shrug from me.
It annoys me because we as a club and fans have done the hard yards,we have earned our place and we should get some respect,those back pages were a disgrace

sad facts are we are up against a club that claims to be the biggest and best supported club in the world ,now if you were a united fan would you look through the papers if it was a city wank fest ,they have a huge audience with united and Liverpool fans world wide ,why would they piss on their chips ,business is business ,its not particularly fair ,but what in life is nowadays

people on here should click on city stories and links ,the more clicks the more and better coverage.
Martin Samuel said on TV a few weeks ago that in the old days they could only judge reader interest by letters sent in to papers and spikes in sales for certain events, cup finals and the like.
Now they know how many people read each article with click counts.
Hard to say but click the city articles even in scumbag newspaper sites and they'll keep publishing city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.