Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I don't get is why cant City get bargains, il tell you why, until we play hardball with some of these clubs, and walk away from deals these clubs will continue to take the piss. We are premier league champions ffs, players are queing up to join us, so why cant we pay less. I would honestly walk away from the Mhrez deal if they wont take £35m, look iv upped it £5m, I really would.
City don't get bargains because they are still after instant success. They seem to have a good scouting network and plenty of players are bought for reasonable fees. But mostly they are loaned out and don't get near the first team squad. For what it's worth I think Delph, Zinchenko, Jesus and Ederson are all bargains currently in the first team squad

These discussions about price get on my t!t$. Its not your money. City are managing the books ok if you ask me. If the player is the right one and the numbers add up for the club i dont give a monkeys what we pay.
Well its very important, the price of an incoming player can unbalance the team harmony, ethos. And that can translate to the stands in such a way we as fans lose confidence in said player, the less you pay for a player the more time he has to adjust/fit in, especially nowadays with all the online chat.

I think £40-50m is about right for Mahrez. We were willing to pay £60m in January but the winter transfer window is more expensive than the summer one simply because it's harder to get a club to let go of a player half way through a season.

The £95m they were asking was never going to be paid and given the fact that his form dropped when he fell out with the powers that be at Leicester over it we should set a limit of £50m. I also think Mahrez has to show us he's not just moving for the money and glamour too when it comes to wage demands, he's a good player but in this team he wont be our best player and the wage will reflect that.

£30m would be a bargain in this market, I doubt they would drop it that low, there's no point in comparing him to Salah as that move turned out much better than even Liverpool expected with the season he's had. If you really must bring Salah into it the only question to ask is how much would he be worth in PL money having proved himself now because that's where Mahrez is as a PL winner and key part of it.

'his form dropped'

Is there actual evidence of that? He missed two games around the transfer widow's close and the ensuing brouhaha, but once he started playing again he kept his place and performed well, from what I saw.

Some Leicester fans might want to paint him black, understandably so when they know he is seeking to leave, but if his form had indeed dropped, then he would surely have been out of the team at some point.

Second point is rubbish, because City were willing to pay £60m for him in January which is silly money imo.
That's what im saying the scouts should imo look for someone younger & cheaper, because our scouts cant see them doesn't mean there not out there, there are cheap gems out there.

Of course there are gems out there. I think Mahrez cost Leicester 400k or there abouts, is that correct? But these gems are extremely rare and for every cheap player that becomes a gem, there are hundreds that do not. Leicester were lucky with Mahrez in hindsight. Would you be happy if we went out a spent a couple of million to fill the positions Pep has identified as needing strengthening? We could do this a thousand times and not find a player worthy of playing for the champions. Of course our scouts are looking out for potential gems but they won't go straight into the first team. First team players for this team cost big money.

I don't get is why cant City get bargains, until we play hardball with some of these clubs, and walk away from deals these clubs will continue to take the piss.

Didn't we pull the plug on the Mahrez and Sanchez deals, refusing to have our pants pulled down? I also don't like clubs taking the piss but I don' want City to cut their noses off to spite... City will only spend what they believe Mahrez is worth to them. Don't let it worry you mate.

Well its very important, the price of an incoming player can unbalance the team harmony, ethos. And that can translate to the stands in such a way we as fans lose confidence in said player, the less you pay for a player the more time he has to adjust/fit in, especially nowadays with all the online chat.

I don't think it's much of an issue. I remember Pep even saying in a press conference that the price of the player is the price. The players wages are more of an issue. That's why we pulled out of the Sanchez deal. The players incoming now won't be on ridiculous wages. That's what upsets the harmony more than anything.

De Bruyne cost £58m. Walker cost £55m. Mendy cost £50m. Did they unsettle anyone?

It will be Mahrez at £65m or Hazard at £130m.

I think Mahrez isn't all that far off Hazard in quality and is desperate to join us. Mahrez for me all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.