Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
£65m compared to KDB or Sterling is over-estimation. It's all relative but I just dont think he's worth £65m. Not knocking him, he works hard and would love to play for City, would be good to have but he isnt worth £65m even in todays market"

Since the Neymar deal fees have gone up by at least 50% we were lucky getting those players in when we did or kdb B Silva would cost a lot more

Get this done City, fits the model of the way we seem to buy these days. Not a household superstar that costs way over the odds but a world class player who will get his head down and deliver the business on the pitch not just a social media fool like Pogba, Lingard etc.

First player I’ve seen in 8-10 years go past players as easy as Robben did/does, he had ridiculous ball control good enough pace and can go on his right too, perfect for unlocking parked buses. Got a rasper of a left peg too. Love him

This should be an easier one to get done than Jorginho....After he handed in a transfer request in Jan, I would guess personal terms were all sorted....hopefully his club drops the demands into the 50mil plus Roberts range and a deal can be done...

Get this done City, fits the model of the way we seem to buy these days. Not a household superstar that costs way over the odds but a world class player who will get his head down and deliver the business on the pitch not just a social media fool like Pogba, Lingard etc.

First player I’ve seen in 8-10 years go past players as easy as Robben did/does, he had ridiculous ball control good enough pace and can go on his right too, perfect for unlocking parked buses. Got a rasper of a left peg too. Love him

+1

On top of that he was absolutely desperate to join us.

You know what I don't get is why cant City get bargains, il tell you why, until we play hardball with some of these clubs, and walk away from deals these clubs will continue to take the piss. We are premier league champions ffs, players are queing up to join us, so why cant we pay less. I would honestly walk away from the Mhrez deal if they wont take £35m, look iv upped it £5m, I really would.

You must be joking! Can’t get bargains? Sane, Jesus, Bernardo, KDB. That’s more than a third of our starting 11 mate. I don’t know how many more bargains you want a top club to acquire?!

My question mark against Mahrez has always been down to purely one thing; whether he would have the responsibility to do what's needed in a Pep Guardiola team.

My opinion was that he wouldn't, but the very fact that Pep Guardiola thinks he would, & tried to buy him, means that argument probably goes out the window.

Therefore the question is: is he good enough ? Of course he is.

You must be joking! Can’t get bargains? Sane, Jesus, Bernardo, KDB. That’s more than a third of our starting 11 mate. I don’t know how many more bargains you want a top club to acquire?!

Exactly, and ou can add Gundogan on top of that, and the prices paid for David Silva and Toure weren't wildly OTT either (especially considering the service we've had from them.) Zabaleta and Kompany were bargains too (although i'd probably class those two as us unearthing a gem).

Furthermore, we've shown willingness to walk away from plenty of transfers where the price/wages/agent fees weren't right (Pogba, Sanchez, Hazard). Our business has been far better than that of plenty of our rivals. Regarding Mahrez, he's easily worth way over £35m in the current market and anyone suggesting we should walk away from it above that price might as well say we shouldn't bother at all.

Im sorry, but all this talk of if he will 'work hard' enough in a pep system and 'fit in',
Its just basic logic and common sense that this is a player who will hit the ground running in this system

No huge character assessment or technical breakdown of his game is really needed, just think about who and what he is, and how our system works;

We are the best team in England, probably Europe, at engineering 1v1s for our forward players in dangerous areas of the pitch.
Even when teams set out in a completely negative block and flood the area, we move the ball and systematically progress in certain areas (leaving space on one side of the pitch), just to gain a 1v1 right on the edge of the box, wide or not.

Mahrez is the best player in England, Hazard included, at standing up a man 1v1 breaking into the box and beating them left, right, over their head or through their legs it doesnt matter, he is a freak.

I love Bernardo and think he will be excellent next season, but Mahrez in the positions he gets himself into deep into the box on the byline will equate to a further 10 goals at least next season, and I guarantee at least 4/5 more penalties.

What a buy this will be.

You know what I don't get is why cant City get bargains, il tell you why, until we play hardball with some of these clubs, and walk away from deals these clubs will continue to take the piss. We are premier league champions ffs, players are queing up to join us, so why cant we pay less. I would honestly walk away from the Mhrez deal if they wont take £35m, look iv upped it £5m, I really would.

Hmmmm. It appears you're talking bollocks.

We've walked away from deals plenty of times, usually to a cacophony of outrage from the Football Manager playing gang in this very forum.

Hazard, Sanchez and Pogba are three deals we've walked away from because of the ridiculous cost. I'm sure there have been many more.

I'm not sure the club will ever be able to win when it comes to transfers. One one hand we've got the 'FFS Txiki, pay the money you useless c**t' brigade and on the other, we have people like yourself, who have decided to give a player an arbitrary value then get all ouraged if we have the audacity to go above it.

I'm think the club has a much better idea of what represents value than any of us on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.