Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahah cheers for that m8 i suppose i just wanted to set the record straight so that people dont think im a wum or anything( a bit too late for that tho ) and i have no issue admitting if i messed up at the end of the day everyone says stupid things every now and then.

You should teach this as a seminar in Off Topic. :) Of course, I might would have to sign up too mind.

Can Pep turn him into a hard worker? Whenever I watched Mahrez he seemed to be quite lazy off the ball. His mentality worries me as well. If something goes against him, he acts childishly. Very similar to Nasri. Amazing talent with unbelievable qualities but not a warrior. He's not a proper winger either which I presume means that he would be playing on the right cutting inside on his left foot with Walker overlapping him and Raheem on the left with Mendy doing the same.

I hope him turning up at city and seeing every other player working his bollucks off mahrez would fall into line. His work had been done at Leicester, hopefully this is next level for him now,something to prove again.

Looking at his history and the potential impact of our territorial & possessional domination over our opponents on his game, in terms of stats, I could see Mahrez registering a similar:
  • Goal ratio to Sterling (0.63 p/90)
  • Assist ratio to Sane (0.5 p/90)
  • 'Take ons' ratio to Sane (probably higher)
  • 'Fouls won' ratio to Sterling (probably higher)
Obviously football isn't mathematics but if he was to take all of Bernardo's minutes on the RW (assuming he will get most of his minutes elsewhere) this 1.13 g/a ratio per 90 mins would result in an extra 10 PL goals (+ any pens won ...yea, I know, fat chance) for the team (based on this season, of course)

Going from Leicester to Pep is gonna be tough in terms of new instructions etc., so these admittedly (very) hypothetical ratios may only stand from, say, November to May, if they are even remotely right, but not going to the WC should help him in this regard even if non of his new teammates will be there with him.

Last edited:
Talking to a few Leicester fans last night - fans that go home and away - and asked them if Mahrez would look good in sky blue?
Spontaneously they said he’ll be ”brilliant!”. They said he has the best first touch they’ve seen, he also has 2 or 3 players on him every game as the opposition know he’s their best player, and he still gets away.
That’s not going to happen when he plays for us as they won’t know who to mark.
They were genuinely excited to see what he can do surrounded by better players and more space.

Can Pep turn him into a hard worker? Whenever I watched Mahrez he seemed to be quite lazy off the ball. His mentality worries me as well. If something goes against him, he acts childishly. Very similar to Nasri. Amazing talent with unbelievable qualities but not a warrior. He's not a proper winger either which I presume means that he would be playing on the right cutting inside on his left foot with Walker overlapping him and Raheem on the left with Mendy doing the same.
Leicester themselves admitted they were a team of defensive, counter-attacking grafters. Everything they did in that title winning season was about hard work & lightening speed on the break.

If Mahrez couldn't hack their grafting ethos, he surely wouldn't have played such a significant part in their team over the last 4 seasons & surely Pep would have noticed that.

Looking at his history and the potential impact of our territorial & possessional domination over our opponents on his game, in terms of stats, I could see Mahrez registering a similar:
  • Goal ratio to Sterling (0.63 p/90)
  • Assist ratio to Sane (0.5 p/90)
  • 'Take ons' ratio to Sane (probably higher)
  • 'Fouls won' ratio to Sterling (probably higher)
Obviously football isn't mathematics but if he was to take all of Bernardo's minutes on the RW (assuming he will get most of his minutes elsewhere) this 1.13 g/a ratio per 90 mins would result in an extra 10 PL goals (+ any pens won ...yea, I know, fat chance) for the team (based on this season, of course)

Going from Leicester to Pep is gonna be tough in terms of new instructions etc., so these admittedly (very) hypothetical ratios may only stand from, say, November to May, if they are even remotely right, but not going to the WC should help him in this regard even if non of his new teammates will be there with him.

Bernardo will be a year wiser for next season, stronger and I’d suggest more of a goal threat. It won’t be great coming off the back of a World Cup, however Oct/Nov he’ll kick on and in my opinion will be one of our stand out performers next year...

I don’t particularly believe we need a Mahrez, good player but if you’re gonna buy, you do so with having better than is already here and we aren’t exactly under stocked...

Looking at the purchase seems to point towards sterling spending more time through the middle, I can live with that but something doesn’t sit right with this one for me, now Hazard??? Different entirely

Bernardo will be a year wiser for next season, stronger and I’d suggest more of a goal threat. It won’t be great coming off the back of a World Cup, however Oct/Nov he’ll kick on and in my opinion will be one of our stand out performers next year...

I don’t particularly believe we need a Mahrez, good player but if you’re gonna buy, you do so with having better than is already here and we aren’t exactly under stocked...

Looking at the purchase seems to point towards sterling spending more time through the middle, I can live with that but something doesn’t sit right with this one for me, now Hazard??? Different entirely

The problem with that is that sterlings finishing is still woeful and showing no signs of improving. His improvement in positioning in the 6 yd area has led to his increase in goals but as a central striker.....no thanks...we need better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.