Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Pep turn him into a hard worker? Whenever I watched Mahrez he seemed to be quite lazy off the ball. His mentality worries me as well. If something goes against him, he acts childishly. Very similar to Nasri. Amazing talent with unbelievable qualities but not a warrior. He's not a proper winger either which I presume means that he would be playing on the right cutting inside on his left foot with Walker overlapping him and Raheem on the left with Mendy doing the same.

Do we really play with "proper wingers?" Yes, Raz and Sane play on their strong footed sides, but they also cut inside. Sane might start incredibly wide, but he is always finding pockets of space anywhere he can go. The movement of our wing play is key and Mahrez is a very intelligent footballer who knows how to create and arguably more important, how to score within tight spaces.

Bernardo is not a proper winger anyway and features on the right when featured, whilst being left footed. Mahrez is effectively a similar type of player and I think Bernardo will get games as a roaming 8 next season, as may Pep think Mahrez is suited for as well.

Can Pep turn him into a hard worker? Whenever I watched Mahrez he seemed to be quite lazy off the ball. His mentality worries me as well. If something goes against him, he acts childishly. Very similar to Nasri. Amazing talent with unbelievable qualities but not a warrior. He's not a proper winger either which I presume means that he would be playing on the right cutting inside on his left foot with Walker overlapping him and Raheem on the left with Mendy doing the same.
If only we had some kind of motivational man manager.

It's a joke from last summer, someone here was wumming and going on about how these are "worrying times" for city because we didn't land Sanchez.
yeah that was me i wasnt having a very good day that day and felt really negative when i look back on it i can acknowledge it was pretty fucking stupid, but you dont really think straight sometimes. especially looking back at it now when we achieved 100 points without signing a single winger last summer. I guess its happy times now :)

yeah that was me i wasnt having a very good day that day and felt really negative when i look back on it i can acknowledge it was pretty fucking stupid, but you dont really think straight sometimes. especially looking back at it now when we achieved 100 points without signing a single winger last summer. I guess its happy times now :)
Good man.

Proper gent—not many like you in the world these days, unfortunately.

Just watched a few old interviews with Mahrez.

His English is pretty good and he seems super laid back. Think he will fit right in.

Wear #worryingtimes with pride,not many get their own catchphrase on here lol

Proper gent—not many like you in the world these days, unfortunately.
hahah cheers for that m8 i suppose i just wanted to set the record straight so that people dont think im a wum or anything( a bit too late for that tho ) and i have no issue admitting if i messed up at the end of the day everyone says stupid things every now and then.

He may not be the player we need the most but he's unashamedly the player I'm most excited about the prospect of signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.