World Cup VAR

I agree we would,if it continues like this in the world cup it is going to look well dodgy if we don't get it here and in the CL,there is way too much money in the game to rely on humans especially our useless lot
It was still debateable with the France penalty that went to var. I mean the ref has still got to look at it and if it's a bent ref the agenda still goes on;-)

But this goes back to the whole issue of what those against VAR are saying. I have said all along that VAR can only be used for offside and where an incident takes place ie was the foul inside or out of the box. The dipper game is a perfect example. The incidents that cost us were the offsides two away and one at home for which they could use VAR because there is no subjectivity it is black and white. The Sterling penalty claim was subjective and not a stone wall pen so VAR is a complete waste of space in that situation. If you consider today' games two of the three pens given could easily be argued that VAR got it wrong and it also got it wrong by not giving Argentina what for me was a 100 oef cent pen ! Yes there will be the odd one that is clear and obvious like the Peru one but bloody hell the ref should gave got that right in the first place. 80 per cent of pens and those not gjven are not clear and obvious and we are just swapping refs making mistakes for machines and ruining games with horrendous delays.

That was my thoughts at first but change my mind! if there are 2 decisions in the box both pens but not been given one they look at the others they do and give it its improved the decision making.

Argentina one earlier (which I didn't think was a pen) was one where play was allowed to restart and that was that.

I just think if you're going to correct key decisions correct them. Don't introduce loopholes and get outs where things don't get properly looked at.

In that Peru pen play was stopped maybe 10 seconds after it happened. If the ball had gone out and quickly restarted and then the review happened I don't see why that's such a bad thing.

hopefully they'll come out and say it was an error in the Argie game and it will be ironed out, by and large it's been positive though.

It was still debateable with the France penalty that went to var. I mean the ref has still got to look at it and if it's a bent ref the agenda still goes on;-)
I still think VAR makes it harder for a bent ref to be bent. He can still give close calls any way he likes, but he wouldn't be able to claim that he didn't see something really obvious.

Not as easy to hide when it's pointed out for everyone to see,there is a reason the rags and dippers voted against it

Mmm, no. Dead ball play is at the ref's discretion. He allows it or doesn't.

No one gets to 'play on' if he's in the middle of decision making.

This is a problem. As we saw in the Argentina game this happened and all of a sudden VAR is redundant.

You can guarantee the side "possibly" fouling in the penalty area is going to be trying to get play restarted as quickly as possible. I just don't see what that rule adds to VAR and the game.

If it's going to work these loopholes have got to be removed. We've already seen how loopholes in retrospective punishment pretty much give the authorities an "out" to make any decision they want.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.