World Cup VAR

Its FIFA and the refs that suck, VAR is fine when used as it should be, that said there is no place for it in football as was proved conclusively last night when Kane was blatantly rugby tackled twice and it wasn't even reviewed, the reason it wasn't reviewed was the officials are either corrupt, inept, stupid, biased or a combination of all 4...!

According to a few referees last night and this morning, apparently offences away from the ball - like the Kane Wrestlemania slams - are difficult to spot using VAR in the required 12-15 second time frame.

I would suggest that is why coach challenges are essential in the proper opperation of VAR.

VAR can be scrutinised in itself though and its almost impossible to argue that England werent cheated last night,so a justified complaint can get a better VAR next time ,maybe
Also why no overhead shots to see if Stones scored the first goal looked in

It was reviewed though, 5live said so on commentary, directly after the incident, so why was it not picked up ?

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and assume they wanted to keep the game a contest, as 2-0 at that stage would have killed it for TV, and this is why the paying public don't get to see so called reviews, and exactly why the rugby, and cricket systems actually work.
The Referee has a history of ignoring VAR calls. I'm convinced that's what he did with the Kane one. He was told to look at it and ignored it because in his mind he made the right call and that's final.

It says a lot about the standard of refereeing here, when the referee last night is considered to be better than ALL the English referees.

VAR can be scrutinised in itself though and its almost impossible to argue that England werent cheated last night,so a justified complaint can get a better VAR next time ,maybe
Also why no overhead shots to see if Stones scored the first goal looked in
Said the same at the time , looked as if the keeper clawed it back from over the line.

Said the same at the time , looked as if the keeper clawed it back from over the line.

I don't think there is much debate about the efficiency or accuracy of goal line technology.

So I am satisfied that it was a great save and not a goal.

This and only this. I have mixed views on VAR but if people believe it will reduce corruption/manipulation then they are kidding themselves.

you may well be proved right. but the current system is seriously flawed anyway, so why not give VAR a chance to see if it can reduce corruption/manipulation. I think it will help significantly but I maybe wrong, however it deserves a chance to see if it improves things surely before it's written off completely. It will never be perfect but I think it will reduce the number of ridiculous decisions the old system gives us....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.