World Cup VAR

It’s no coincidence that the first time VAR appears utterly useless is against good old England.

Nuff said.

My wife summed it up nicely last night...it is the Eurovision effect where nobody wants to help or vote for us.

My wife summed it up nicely last night...it is the Eurovision effect where nobody wants to help or vote for us.

yep, its how exactly how i feel, the ref in my opinion couldn't wait to give their pen and blatantly ignored harry kane's two power slams

I’ve wanted to give it every chance and defended it to the hilt but when Kane’s incident gets no referral then it’s obvious that it’s absolutely pointless.
maxresdefault.jpg

I think they need to publish reasons behind VAR decisions and non decisions. It's in early stages so let's help people's understanding.

For me it's the non referrals that are going to kill VAR. The ref will still make decisions that people disagree with. It's so subjective.

But at least it's the ref making the decisions so he can apply the same standards he's applied all game.

Sometimes it’s not if the VAR is correct, it’s if the referee is willing to use it. The Colombian ref in the England vs Tunisia match was not going to use it, so no matter what the VAR says to him in play, if the ref is adamant that he’s already right despite the messages of ‘you want to have a look at that one mate’ he’ll still make a bad decision. This guy is notorious for being poor, his mistakes are well documented.

In the France Australia game the ref made the mistake of not going to the half way line for something that could have gone either way and making the final call on a key decision, even if the VAR told him it was clear.

The next game I saw (can’t remember who) had a German ref and he waited for the ball to be in midfield before blowing up and checking what VAR were telling him. Typical bloody Germans for getting it absolutely right.

So, in summary, The VAR could always be right, (though IMO not always), it’s the ref’s willingness to be over ruled that’s the issue. They need to use it to help them, but not make every decision, and not to feel that it undermines them.
Just remember, the ref still has the final decision.

fifa is bent and also they hate the english game coz of the money in prem even the smaller teams can outspend most side apart from a select few ie real barca bayern ect

Fed up of people saying VAR is new and has teething problems. It has been in use for a while now and all these 'teething problems' have been predicted on here and elsewhere since it was muted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.