Alan Sugar

In other mild racism news, the BBC commentator for the france game later was challenged on 5-live this morning to make the comment "France may be made to baguette the chances they have missed" in his commentary...

Direct (and incredibly needless) lift from the Grauniad:
Alan Sugar has been criticised for posting a tweet about the Senegal World Cup squad that compared the players to people selling sunglasses and handbags on beaches.

The tweet featured a photoshopped picture of the team looking as though they were selling counterfeit goods. “I recognise some of these guys from the beach in Marbella. Multitasking, resourceful chaps,” Lord Sugar said.
Sorry, missed the Grauniads claim. However, they merely state this w/o any evidence given.
Edit: I expect it is photoshopped. Did Sugar know this?

Sorry, missed the Grauniads claim. However, they merely state this w/o any evidence given.
Jesus Christ. You really think the Senegal football team took a tray full of sunglasses onto the pitch before an international football match on a global stage to make a satirical joke dont you? No wonder you are missing the whole point, you are staggeringly stupid.

A little off topic but there is a clear pattern emerging from certain posters on this, the Brexit and Trump threads.

I won't call them names (this time) but their views are abhorrent to me and I suspect many others.

So anyone liking Trump is a racist as is any one liking Brexit?

The use of abhorrent is over used as well by the liberals and I find it abhorrent that you are unable to debate key matters with those with opposing views which are clearly of concern to many without the words abhorrent, disingenuous, sinister, troll and when all else has failed racist being used at will with anyone who disagrees with your viewpoint at all.

This is why you keep getting a shock when Brexit votes happen and Trump wins election. The silent majority keep their views quiet as they can't be arsed with the abuse and sanctimonious comments of the liberal aggressors.

By the way I hate Alan Sugar with a passion - I read this book and at the end I just chucked it and thought arrogant prick.

My opinion is there was just no need for this and it is borderline bad joke / racist but for certain inappropriate stupid and completely unnecessary in this day and age. But where is the line going to be drawn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus Christ. You really think the Senegal football team took a tray full of sunglasses onto the pitch before an international football match on a global stage to make a satirical joke dont you? No wonder you are missing the whole point, you are staggeringly stupid.
Aha, another 'intellectual' demonstrating his superiority. Thank you so much for that, I'll try to remember my place in future. Its just lawyers like me tend to need evidence before calling people racist, and, while I agree the photo was probably fake, all you superior chaps have failed the evidence test.

I think the worlds gone mad, people are so precious about offending everybody and defending everybody, modern Britain seems the main place for this behaviour.

Being English I am teased and made fun off here in Oz, Im sometimes called a Pommie bastard, sometimes I get the 'he only has 1 bath a week' jibe, I give it to them back, I take the piss out of Aussies about their ancestry etc etc, is this racist ?.......is it fuck, Id be willing to guess that a lot of young Africans would see the funny side of Sugars 'Joke'
I dont like Sugar, I think he's a twat but he probably knows more immigrants than a lot of us and he probably employs a few.

Britain seems obsessed with the ever present possibility of racism.

Aha, another 'intellectual' demonstrating his superiority. Thank you so much for that, I'll try to remember my place in future. Its just lawyers like me tend to need evidence before calling people racist, and, while I agree the photo was probably fake, all you superior chaps have failed the evidence test.
I havent failed any such test. I explained on page 5 why I find this offensive

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.