Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread’s been going almost two years now, about the same gestation period as an elephant. Hope we hear some trumpeting soon.

I don't know what you mixed in with your cornflakes but I like where your head is at.

No chance they'll get relegated. Their squad right now is better than when they won the league. He's worth a lot to Leicester simply because they won't be able to get someone in who is as good as Mahrez (right now, anyway).

Leicester will comfortably finish mid table, Mahrez could just be the difference between them fighting for a Europa spot.

Maybe you're right but I think their squad is absolutely full of holes. Lots of old players who are too far gone, few who are approaching that point, lots of average filler and then a few kids who could be great but could easily turn out to be mediocre. Don't rate Puel either and think they'll sack him off by about Christmas if things don't go well.

Just an opinion but I can see them struggling fast if they don't play their cards right.

His club were able to provide in concrete black and white what their valuation of Laporte was. Leicester are currently plucking figures out of the air based on nothing more than they hope to get lucky.

Barca asked Laporte to wait until this summer because they had spent £240m on Coutinho and Dembele.

My argument being, if Barca were also at the table for Mahrez, there would at least be a certain justification to get closer to Leicester's valuation.
Pure guess work.

Oh no, I am with you - we are debating apples and oranges - it's not my money - although I think this might be one time too many that Mahrez lets it fly if Leicester fail to agree a move somewhere for him this summer.

City are in a one-team auction, so our stance and valuation is based on that. I would say this, if Mahrez is worth £100m to them, his wages also need to be north of £200k per week if they want to cite the current market to us.

Good point.

I have mixed feelings on this transfer. I will be happy if it comes off but not too upset if it doesn't. We have enough goals in the side. Hopefully Sterling and Sane keep on improving and Diaz too could breakthrough.

Leicester might want and value him at whatever price they put on his head but I don't see many other clubs beating a path to their door. The dippers or rags might nip in but I think 60 million should be our top whack.

He only has two years left on his contract, he's their most valuable asset and he's desperate to get out. They must be gutted there isn't another bidder..
If we were desperate for anything we'd just accept the bid, perhaps you'll get the hint eventually that our owners are billionaires
Only worth what someone is willing to pay, same goes for houses, cars, whatever.
By which logic nobody has ever overpaid for anyone and all the stuff about Man City no longer "overpaying" is nonsense because you've never overpaid.

You claimed he should go for 95m because Coutinho went for 130
So if Mahrez signs a new deal, will you pay him 200k a week because Coutinho is on 250?

Cherry picking certain deals to suit your reasoning doesn't work in real life.
We paid 20m for Gündogan, so why didn't you let Drinkwater leave for 15m?
I've never claimed anything of the sort, I've said all along that my belief is that the benchmark we're looking for is around the £75m mark. So, would they pay him £140k / £150k ish to sign a new contract, yeah they would.

Why didn't get accept £15m? Because we could get more.

Oh no, I am with you - we are debating apples and oranges - it's not my money - although I think this might be one time too many that Mahrez lets it fly if Leicester fail to agree a move somewhere for him this summer.

City are in a one-team auction, so our stance and valuation is based on that. I would say this, if Mahrez is worth £100m to them, his wages also need to be north of £200k per week if they want to cite the current market to us.

What someone earns has absolutely nothing to do with their value. You have a wonder kid come through the ranks and he's on £5k a week, and he's literally the next Messi.... does that make him only worth £10m because his pay is low?

He's currently on north of 100k a week, if he were willing to sign a new deal he'd be able to get vastly more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.