Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
And looking around other transfers you really think near enough £60m is what he's worth?... Yet Mahrez isn't worth more than that.
There's more to transfer values than innate talent.

Length of contract, age, transfer requests, financial power of the clubs etc

In mahrez's case he really wants to leave Leciester. You either keep an unhappy player, or accept a bid that admittedly undercuts his 'ability'.

Leciester hold his registration. You can do what you want, so relax. If you don't think the offer is reasonable given all circumstances, then you don't sell him and you explain yourself to the player.

So you overpaid to get him before someone else?

His club were able to provide in concrete black and white what their valuation of Laporte was. Leicester are currently plucking figures out of the air based on nothing more than they hope to get lucky.

Barca asked Laporte to wait until this summer because they had spent £240m on Coutinho and Dembele.

My argument being, if Barca were also at the table for Mahrez, there would at least be a certain justification to get closer to Leicester's valuation.

Only worth what someone is willing to pay, same goes for houses, cars, whatever.

We did not set the Laporte valuation who, for the record, was still worth it to US because we needed central defensive cover and his relative young age. Laporte's price was set based on his ceiling.

Unless Mahrez's ceiling is now to go to Salah levels, I consider anything between £60m-£70m as a phenomenal and fair price.

I totally agree with you from a city perspective but from a Leicester one he is probably worth far more than that. If they sell him to us I would bet my bottom dollar they'll be relegated before his contract is finished. He's just about their only creative outlet and the telepathy he has with Vardy is something to behold. Losing Mahrez goals and assists and potentially seeing Vardy regress in terms of goals scored will seriously hurt Leicester and I just don't see Maddison/Roberts/Gray being capable of picking up that slack.

For that reason he's probably worth 100 + to them. So I can completely understand why they're asking for silly money, I don't think it'll work in the long run given he's likely to kick off big style or phone it in but I won't begrudge them for playing hard ball.

If Mahrez is worth £90m then what price Roberts? Certainly not £15m. Everything is relevant and based on supply and demand. Barcelona needed a replacement for Neymar and had a huge sum of money available which everybody knew about and the dippers took advantage. Same happened to them when Torres left for Chelsea and they overpaid for Carroll. Personally, if Mahrez comes I will be happy because he will add something different. If he doesn't then I won't lose any sleep because at 27 years of age he would be quite old relative to the age of our squad.

I totally agree with you from a city perspective but from a Leicester one he is probably worth far more than that. If they sell him to us I would bet my bottom dollar they'll be relegated before his contract is finished. He's just about their only creative outlet and the telepathy he has with Vardy is something to behold. Losing Mahrez goals and assists and potentially seeing Vardy regress in terms of goals scored will seriously hurt Leicester and I just don't see Maddison/Roberts/Gray being capable of picking up that slack.

For that reason he's probably worth 100 + to them. So I can completely understand why they're asking for silly money, I don't think it'll work in the long run given he's likely to kick off big style or phone it in but I won't begrudge them for playing hard ball.

No chance they'll get relegated. Their squad right now is better than when they won the league. He's worth a lot to Leicester simply because they won't be able to get someone in who is as good as Mahrez (right now, anyway).

Leicester will comfortably finish mid table, Mahrez could just be the difference between them fighting for a Europa spot.

This thread’s been going almost two years now, about the same gestation period as an elephant. Hope we hear some trumpeting soon.

Oh no, I am with you - we are debating apples and oranges - it's not my money - although I think this might be one time too many that Mahrez lets it fly if Leicester fail to agree a move somewhere for him this summer.

City are in a one-team auction, so our stance and valuation is based on that. I would say this, if Mahrez is worth £100m to them, his wages also need to be north of £200k per week if they want to cite the current market to us.

Using Coutinho as a measure for transfer fees? Lol. Just watch how that one plays out.

He only has two years left on his contract, he's their most valuable asset and he's desperate to get out. They must be gutted there isn't another bidder..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.