Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it has anything to do with football, I think he just wants to live in a proper city.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

I believe he is worth more to us than you and that is obviously factual as we haven't agreed on a fee.

In response to relegation - i can't see it - even in my worst nightmare as our squad is easily better than 12 others. We are really looking to push on and break into the top 6, difficult as it is.

Without the alarmong Puel dip in form last season we would have finished above Burnley who had an extraordinary season based on their available resources.

Our actual finishing posuitin with or without Mahrez will largely be defined by our results over the fist six games. I believe we will finish betyween 6-8th.

A nice openign day away game just down the road from you hasn't helped us but we need sto show the same spirit of 'fearless' we did in THAT season, and then, who knows.

I believe he is worth more to us than you and that is obviously factual as we haven't agreed on a fee.

In response to relegation - i can't see it - even in my worst nightmare as our squad is easily better than 12 others. We are really looking to push on and break into the top 6, difficult as it is.

Without the alarmong Puel dip in form last season we would have finished above Burnley who had an extraordinary season based on their available resources.

Our actual finishing posuitin with or without Mahrez will largely be defined by our results over the fist six games. I believe we will finish betyween 6-8th.

A nice openign day away game just down the road from you hasn't helped us but we need sto show the same spirit of 'fearless' we did in THAT season, and then, who knows.

We will willingly chuck in another £5m if you can beat those scumbags on the opening day...

As it is, no doubt we will be hearing afterwards how United are back "again" and the handbrake is off!!

If this deal goes through it will be a club record fee but I have to say I can't get excited about it.
Haha why on earth not? Former PFA POTY, the most prestigious award in the country which none of our current players have ever won, more goals and assists combined than any other Premier League player over the last three seasons despite playing for a team that averages around eight place. He's better than any of our current forwards bar Aguero IMO.

Mahrez was a key player for you last season. You finished on 47 points. That's about 10 points above the relegation zone. He scored 12 goals and had a similar number of assists. He, along with Vardy is a key player, and you'd be much weaker without him.

Problem Leicester's board have is to assess is what value will he bring to Leicester next season if they keep him. We can easily imagine his feelings.

We can discuss what we think is the rational Leicester response in their position. I think they should do exactly as they are doing now in the hope that manchester City raise their offer, or someone else comes in, but I think when the window gets closer the rational response would be to accept City's offer. It's not ideal, but the situation is not ideal for Leicester. It's how best to manage it. I can't see City raising their bid significantly because we won the title with last season's squad. It's not like we have a glaring weakness on the right wing. If we weren't prepared to pay more than £50m in January when we had Sane injured, I can't see City changing our offer significantly now.

Mahrez was directly involved in 38% of Leicester's goals last season. Pretty impressive and why I think they will struggle immensely without him.

Think they know that and its why they keep telling him he can leave and then going back on what they said as soon as there is some interest. Think we'll end up paying at least 65 but would be an incredible signing, for me one of the top 10 in the league without a doubt.

Seems to be what you're suggesting about us being "gutted" there is no other bidder.
Leicester's board maybe hopeful now, that City increase our offer, or someone else comes in, and this may indeed happen. If it does not then Leicester may become reluctant sellers. If you think City's bid is ridiculous, then you have nothing to worry about.

This reminds me of the Tevez saga with City where he threw his toys out but was allegedly welcomed back into the fold but was gone at a below market rate before the next season

I am sure Puel wants to see the back of Mahrez and probably the board also but they also want the maximum price for him. I suspect somewhere along the line they will have to take a hit or be left with a very unhappy player whose value will decrease dramatically the day after the transfer window closes.
Agreed. Prepare for a saga. There's always one every season

Where's this deal at?

Are we confident in imminently preparing our bid next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.