Phil Foden to Leeds on Loan?

Foden, and this is only my opinion, isn't good enough for City and won't make the grade in anything above championship-level football. The elite players look the part at 17, 18 yrs of age. I've seen nothing to suggest he's "the part". And neither has Pep by the looks of it. I also think he's got considerable "baggage" off the park, so to speak, and this will be his undoing. And I speak from 1st hand experience - witnessed how he was "rehabilitating" - I doubt I'd have seen David Silva in the same condition.
I won't get all excited and bash you for having an opinion here but I think you're wrong. I hope you're wrong anyway.
He looks full of confidence and not at all out of place when he comes on, dispite playing amongst world class players. He was player of the tournament at last year's under 17 World Cup, which suggests he is one of the top players in the world in his age group. He's training with the likes of David Silva and being coached by Guardiola et al. Of course he needs to continue developing but I don't see what reason you have for thinking he won't further develop and reach his potential.

Maybe your opinion is based on this "considerable baggage" he's carrying. Genuine question; can I ask what this baggage is meant to be?

Foden is 18. The "amazing" players, past and present were doing more than ten minute cameo roles against relegation fodder. And they weren't being dropped for turning up late. You think he'll be a future star. I think he'll get nowhere near the 1st team on a regular basis. And he'll be shipped out, sold and join a team commensurate with his skill and desire. We'll see. As for Doyle, who knows? Let's hope you're right. But Foden, nope, I don't see it.
Chris Waddle: Tow law town
Glenn Hoddle: few sub appearances for Spurs
Beardsley: Carlisle United 3rd div
Carrick: few appearances for West ham season after turning 18
Lampard: few appearances for West ham and Swansea
Iniesta: Barca B
Xavi: Barca B
Dele Alli: MK Dons

The only exception I can think of quickly is Gazza and look how that turned out.

Foden, and this is only my opinion, isn't good enough for City and won't make the grade in anything above championship-level football. The elite players look the part at 17, 18 yrs of age. I've seen nothing to suggest he's "the part". And neither has Pep by the looks of it. I also think he's got considerable "baggage" off the park, so to speak, and this will be his undoing. And I speak from 1st hand experience - witnessed how he was "rehabilitating" - I doubt I'd have seen David Silva in the same condition.
No idea what the “rehab” bit means. If it was a one off or happened a couple of times or is it an ongoing problem?

Either way it’s far too early to write the lad off. The fact is there are no 17-18 year olds getting regular football in the EPL and if they did are they elite or in a very poor team? You’re entitled to your opinion and you might be right but I’m not sure writing the lad of will help. We’ve just had one of the greatest seasons, if not the greatest in the EPL era, so it should be hard to get in our team!

Foden is 18. The "amazing" players, past and present were doing more than ten minute cameo roles against relegation fodder. And they weren't being dropped for turning up late. You think he'll be a future star. I think he'll get nowhere near the 1st team on a regular basis. And he'll be shipped out, sold and join a team commensurate with his skill and desire. We'll see. As for Doyle, who knows? Let's hope you're right. But Foden, nope, I don't see it.

Good WUMing btw.

Why does Foden have to be amazing and be a first choice regular by 17 in one of the best teams the Prem has ever seen.

Most fans are just looking for a local lad to establish himself in our first team over the next few years. Then if he is good enough to start for City, he will start for England as well.

Eventually, Foden could reach the heights of of say Frank Lampard achieved but that is asking a lot and he might not even be a regular for us. I don’t see many Blues trying to
Compare him with some of the World’s best who were establishing themselves by 17/18 like Pele, Maradonna and Casillas

Good WUMing btw.

Why does Foden have to be amazing and be a first choice regular by 17 in one of the best teams the Prem has ever seen.

Most fans are just looking for a local lad to establish himself in our first team over the next few years. Then if he is good enough to start for City, he will start for England as well.

Eventually, Foden could reach the heights of of say Frank Lampard achieved but that is asking a lot and he might not even be a regular for us. I don’t see many Blues trying to
Compare him with some of the World’s best who were establishing themselves by 17/18 like Pele, Maradonna and Casillas
As I posted earlier, Silva didn’t get a first team place at Valencia until he was 20 and didn’t play (on loan) in the first division until he was 19. And he’s not turned out too bad all things considered.

As I posted earlier, Silva didn’t get a first team place at Valencia until he was 20 and didn’t play (on loan) in the first division until he was 19. And he’s not turned out too bad all things considered.

Good posts. Pep wouldn’t be prioritising Foden and Diaz if he didn’t think they had a good chance of making it with us.

This is an absolutely bizarre post.

If you have reason to doubt Foden's professionalism, due to observations made outside football, I can't comment on that except to hope you are wrong.

But some of your comments re football are strange.

Ok, 'you' have seen nothing to suggest he will make it & that's an opinion you are entitled to.

But why somebody would look at Foden & think he didn't 'look the part' at 17 I find completely baffling.

Plenty of others, including Pep Guardiola, have, which is why he was recently voted best player in the tournament at the U17s World Cup.

Pep had this to say about him pre season:

“I don’t have words. I would like to have the right words to describe what I saw,” said the City boss, who is no stranger to emerging talent from his time at Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

“You are lucky guys, believe me, you are the guys who saw his first game in the first team at Manchester City,” he told the assembled press.

“I’ve not seen something like I saw today for a long time. His performance was another level. He’s a City fan and loves the club. He’s a gift for us. He’s special…he played against (Paul) Pogba, (Ander) Herrera and after that (Michael) Carrick.”

Again, that's opinion, Pep might be wrong, he has backed players who have not turned out, previously, they all have.

But Pep, like pretty much anyone else I've ever seen quoted, thinks Foden 'looks the part' for his age group.

For you not to see that, I can't imagine what you are actually looking for in such a player, at that age.

its the impossible question knowing how a young player is going to turn out when your at the best club in england with the best manager and owners and the fans wanting NO demanding silverware every season ??? so do you gamble and play a couple from the youth from the start of the season and asking them to step up or go back into the transfer market and sign a couple of ready made players who can slot right in

for me its if your good enough and strong enough then your old enough but foden needs to build up his body weight and grow into a player and its the only downfall i see with him playing for city or going on loan. it will make no difference he is a small build at the moment so going on loan will not be my idea. look at xherdan shaqiri and its what type of player foden can be or even better ?? that player body is well built small frame but built into a muscle power house that's what foden needs to work at. so staying at the best setup in football will be my option get around the best players like last season and work on muscle build and then we will have a players

Absolutely no idea where this Foden character questioning has come from, because what I know of his personality is that pretty much everyone at the club thinks he's a really nice lad, his family are really supportive and he is absolutely totally obsessed with football. He's also CLEARLY a ridiculously good prospect. I think he'll stay at City and grow, literally, under Pep's tutelage.

Absolutely no idea where this Foden character questioning has come from, because what I know of his personality is that pretty much everyone at the club thinks he's a really nice lad, his family are really supportive and he is absolutely totally obsessed with football. He's also CLEARLY a ridiculously good prospect. I think he'll stay at City and grow, literally, under Pep's tutelage.
It’s a post to generate a reaction it did it job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.