World Cup 2018 | 25th June Matches | Next: Iran vs Portugal, Spain vs Morocco, KO 19:00 (BST)

That Iranian penalty was a fucking joke. The decision to give a penalty for that has just cost me £693, 8 timer. VAR is fucking shit.
Penalty though, whether you like it or not. Correct decision.

His hand is away from his body and makes contact with the ball. It doesn't matter what your incorrect notions of the rules are, the actual real life rules say that's a penalty. If it's deliberate it's a penalty and a red card. If it's accidental it's a penalty. His hand is still illegally affecting play.

I think you will find that very much matters if City are playing, what country the game is in, what ref it is and what mood he is in, and mainly whether the pundits currently think ball against hand is allowed

It's all fucked up I think

're offside decisions. They really need to show the ball leaving the passing foor as well as the positions of the players involved in the offside.
NO NO NO NO!
In FIFA refereee guidence, offside is measured at the point the passer touches the ball - not when the ball leaves the foot!
Like nearly all the pundits in the world you are wrong! You have an excuse. Pundits get paid.and should know the rules and guidence so don't have an excuse.

Last edited:
I think you will find that very much matters if City are playing, what country the game is in, what ref it is and what mood he is in, and mainly whether the pundits currently think ball against hand is allowed

It's all fucked up I think

And as Serbia have shown if the referee and VAR apply the rules illegally or incorrectly you have a right to recourse under this system.

His hand is away from his body and makes contact with the ball. It doesn't matter what your incorrect notions of the rules are, the actual real life rules say that's a penalty. If it's deliberate it's a penalty and a red card. If it's accidental it's a penalty. His hand is still illegally affecting play.
The handball rules are very subjective, and for me that was a ridiculous decision.

The handball rules are very subjective, and for me that was a ridiculous decision.
They're not. They've been applied subjectively in the past, that's the problem. That's what is affecting people's perceptions.His hand is away from his body in an unnatural position and makes primary contact (Didn't ricochet off his knee/torso etc first). Black and White.

I think the refs are intentionally giving calls like this just so that they can scrap VAR later on with a good excuse that “it doesn’t work”.

Nope. Stupid theory. VAR is here to stay. Obviously needs improving but football is moving in the right direction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.