Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

I genuinely don't understand how Hoddle keeps this gig? I mean ITV is a business right, so employing him and his boring, inane, out of date tactically, out of touch socially comments, well someone senior in ITV Sport thinks that's a good business decision. I'd really love to hear why
TV has dumbed down to talkragshite levels.

Hence he's a superstar.

I’m not sure that’s right. It isn’t that a true Blue believes the media, it’s more the natural gut reaction when something you Love is insulted for absolutely no reason. City fans make up a small proportion of the media target market and the great unwashed are listening to the shite that’s spouted against our club and it’s players.
Yep, I agree. The "field" isn't empty at all. It's actually packed with the fucking sheep across the country who lap up every word and then regurgitate the bullshit. There's a reason why Sterling being subbed off gets a bigger cheer from England fans than an England goal. Some city fans aren't arsed, some are, that's fair enough, but the idea that the media bollocks is only an issue because City fans get annoyed about it is absolute shite imo.

Spot on.

However the dynamics are changing but it will probably take a generation. We are now seeing the likes of Pablo, Dunnie and Joleon in TV studios. Yes it is still dominated by ex-Liverpool Arsenal and United players but things are beginning to shift

The written media is failing and within 20 years I dont not think it will exist. Young people used to read what their parents read and buy the same paper the last generation to buy and read a daily paper is gradually dying off. The generation of 20/30's do not buy papers on the whole but get their information online and from a variety of sources not just a few UK papers

As City becomes established over a period of time as a successful club the way it and its players are treated and portrayed by the media will change and I dont think you will ever see the persecution of a player the way the media have persecuted Sterling. I dont expect a clamour to have Rashford ahead of Sterling in the next game

I wonder what Shearer thought of Rashford last night and whether he should now replace Sterling?
Form and content. Printed media vs electronic media. Form changes quickly. Content so far remained the same.

Some of the alternative media got lazy though. Fostering an environment where bullying and trolling was encouraged killed the goose.

You’re done with England because the media are wankers? Why don’t you just look at it from Southgate’s angle and see that he rested all his best players last night and will put them all back in next week; Raheem being one of those players! From what Southgate has said and done so far I think Raheem is one of his favourites. He’ll be important for England and will shut these fucking arseholes up once and for all soon because Southgate will give him the chance to.

Anything else is a side issue the dullards get upset about. Nothing the media says matters, why this forum places so much importance on it baffles me. I’m beginning to think half of this place are idiots. I mean, genuinely, how can so many get sucked in by the bollocks they write and say. If every single one of you ignored it, their ammo would be like firing shots at people in an empty field. But I think the emptiness is in people’s heads when they give so much importance to the media. Every one of you that places importance on the media’s words start filling that field up with people to shoot at.

Two alternatives , one is to ignore bias, agenda and borderlne racism, the other is to say and preferably do something about it. As quite a few blue mooners do, with phone calls, letters , blogs etc.

There is also some success in this method , there is a little more awareness of what is really happening. Some including posters in here will always be blinkered, but ignoring something does not make it go away. Doing something about it does not make one " thick".

Spot on.

However the dynamics are changing but it will probably take a generation. We are now seeing the likes of Pablo, Dunnie and Joleon in TV studios. Yes it is still dominated by ex-Liverpool Arsenal and United players but things are beginning to shift

The written media is failing and within 20 years I dont not think it will exist. Young people used to read what their parents read and buy the same paper the last generation to buy and read a daily paper is gradually dying off. The generation of 20/30's do not buy papers on the whole but get their information online and from a variety of sources not just a few UK papers

As City becomes established over a period of time as a successful club the way it and its players are treated and portrayed by the media will change and I dont think you will ever see the persecution of a player the way the media have persecuted Sterling. I dont expect a clamour to have Rashford ahead of Sterling in the next game

I wonder what Shearer thought of Rashford last night and whether he should now replace Sterling?
Yes gotta agree re Rashford was poor, so let’s await the pundits clamour for him to play the next game. You can bet it will fade away as oppose to an admittance they were wrong

Straws!! Get your straws here!! Anyone need a straw to clutch.

I have never in my life seen so much shit when it comes to defending Sterling. The way the media and most pundits are biased against him the majority on here swing the opposite way to the point barely anyone can be impartial on the subject. A spinning ball? Oh diddums, fuck me I can't believe half the shit on here. Best bit is when Lingard missed a hatful the first game I didn't see one poster talk about how the ball was passed to him or any dodgy ball spins. Get a grip you girls.

Imagine Blues being biased in favour of a Blue.

Imagine witnessing tribalism or partisanship on a club's fan forum.

I mean, wtf is the world coming to.

Well after last night I think Raheem's position is strengthened now , imo , after Rashford's performance.

I listened to the beebs podcast and Shearer was bitterly disappointed with Rashford. He said he really had the opportunity to show Southgate why he should be picked ahead of Sterling for the Columbia game and had failed
When asked if Sterling would have been heavily/even more criticised for the same miss as Rashford, Shearer just said "without a doubt"
All the beebs experts on the podcast were critical of Rashford's miss

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.