Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Is Sterling actually a striker? Sick of hearing this 2 goals in 40 appearance stat, not sure how long he has been playing "up front", but besides that stat is there actually anything else wrong with his game for England? I mean he has best assists rate, motm performances, best passing rate of any of the attacking midfielders... Seems to me the only stick to beat him with is not scoring enough. He has scored the same as Alli, albeit with more games but also with x2 the amount being subbed off.

Fucks me off that Shearer exclaims this stat a few times, it isnt even newsworthy, instead look at his assists or contribution because I am sure Southgate isnt playing sterling as a Vardi or Kane goal scorer type.

I could be completely wrong, but I’m sure they put up a stat a few games ago that he had only had sonething like 8 shots for england total. From which he’d scored 2 goals. Not a terrible return.

But if thats remotely true I suggest thats because his team mates aren’t as good and don’t make any chances for him

I wish someone on Bluemoon could post the Sky Sports News piece where the interviewer is interviewing Kirkland on who he feels should start. It reminded me of the nodding dog my parents had on the back parcel shelf of the car back in the 70s 80s.

He won 1, England cap in 2006 and that was 1, too many scraping the barrel asking this fucker for his opinion on England notice how they don't ask buzzer his opinion
It's been a relief not having to watch Skysports News during this World Cup summer. Jim white is one of those people who just makes me turn off the TV or Radio when he comes on. Wouldn't it be great if someone launched a 24-hour radio station with intelligent coverage of Sport instead of just tabloid garbage? I think most football fans would appreciate it.

absolutely they would, I struggle to find good coverage that goes beyond having a big guy up front or the gossip... I want to know more about the tactics and stuff

So you fail to appreciate, Alan Brazil, Dean Saunders, and Simon Jordan. ...

You need to up your game...

"England manager Gareth Southgate says he is mystified by the debate over Raheem Sterling's position in the side as he returns to face Colombia in the World Cup last 16 meeting"

Also says "I have great belief in him, he has been a really important part of the team,"

Maybe that will shut some fuckers up on here, or is even he wrong??

And it continues 79% of people polled don't want Raz to take a pen where as 89% and 81% want Rashford and Lingard on the list

"England manager Gareth Southgate says he is mystified by the debate over Raheem Sterling's position in the side as he returns to face Colombia in the World Cup last 16 meeting"

Also says "I have great belief in him, he has been a really important part of the team,"

Maybe that will shut some fuckers up on here, or is even he wrong??

Nothing will change the opinion of the Sterling haters mate..
Personally I think Raz is underrated by the vast majority of fans, pundits and the media.
Even if Raz scores the winning goal tonight he will still get compared unfavourably to the Wythenshawe Pele..so fuck the media ...fuck the pundits and fuck the haters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.