Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You realise our best performing players in our best ever side don't have figures to touch that. De Bruyne and Leroy Sane got 16 and 15 assists but 8 and 10 goals respectively.
Only player to do it consistently in a top league is Messi although Fake reaches 35+ every season in goals alone.

20 goals a season and 15 assists, can you find me the players that have managed that over the last decade?

Salah got over 40 goals and 14 for the Scousers last season? And his fee was about £45m.

We are talking about our record buy here and yes I know transfer fees have risen, but the jury is out for me even at 60m. Who exactly is he going to replace Sterling who scored 20 plus goals and got what 11 assists? If next season he has banged in 15- 20 goals and won us the champions league or even got us to the final I will be the first to say I was wrong. I will still be cheering him on from the stands and wishing him the best, its just that i am a little more circumspect and reserved in my judgements that some. But time will tell. Cheers

Only player to do it consistently in a top league is Messi although Fake reaches 35+ every season in goals alone.
Salah close too. 34 goals and 11 assists. There's always a risk with any signing but I'll be shocked if mahrez is not a success at City. He's got the talent, and I think he's hungry. I'm really surprised no other big clubs moved for him earlier. Always been a fan of mahrez. One of those players who makes football look ridiculously easy. Sane is elegant. Moves like a gymnast. Mahrez is similar I think. It's going to be an absolute nightmare for defenders having them on each wing.

Salah got over 40 goals and 14 for the Scousers last season? And his fee was about £45m.

We are talking about our record buy here and yes I know transfer fees have risen, but the jury is out for me even at 60m. Who exactly is he going to replace Sterling who scored 20 plus goals and got what 11 assists? If next season he has banged in 15- 20 goals and won us the champions league or even got us to the final I will be the first to say I was wrong. I will still be cheering him on from the stands and wishing him the best, its just that i am a little more circumspect and reserved in my judgements that some. But time will tell. Cheers
How much would Salah cost now?

Why exactly will I be heartbroken? If we can get Mahrez for a straight £60m then that is a reasonable deal for a player who despite his obvious tallents, scores on average 11 goals and gets 6 assists a season and has downed tools when he doesnt get his way. Much better than the £75m plus Roberts figures that Leicester were apparently wanting. Especially if we can get any where near £50m for Gundogwan! But let's see what the precise deal is shall we.
We are not selling gundy,is that going to be your next crusade?

Salah close too. 34 goals and 11 assists. There's always a risk with any signing but I'll be shocked if mahrez is not a success at City. He's got the talent, and I think he's hungry. I'm really surprised no other big clubs moved for him earlier. Always been a fan of mahrez. One of those players who makes football look ridiculously easy. Sane is elegant. Moves like a gymnast. Mahrez is similar I think. It's going to be an absolute nightmare for defenders having them on each wing.
That's one season Marvin, there's a few who have done it for one season, including KDB at Wolfsburg. Only Messi has done it consistently with both goals and assists.

We are not selling gundy,is that going to be your next crusade?
No crusade Karen he just isnt good enough for our squad. Many blues think the same. Did you not noticed the groans from the stands when he came on instead of Bernado last season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.