Brian Cox

geoid2005_champgrace_960.jpg

might explain why the Indians consistently roll out great spinners!

I’m struggling to read one of Steven Hawking’s books at the moment and being honest it’s a little heavy for me.

I’m sure lots people have read or heard of Bill Bryson’s book ‘A Short History Of Nearly Everything’. It’s a brilliant read for the layman, I couldn’t recommend it highly enough.
Why bother. They’re all lies, some **** spent five mins researching on YouTube and knows the truth.

5i5pfa9qo3911.jpg

Flat Earth Society meeting.

Anyway, for the Earth to be flat, literally all scientific laws & teachings would be incorrect.Yet using known scientific laws is allowing us to make great strides technologically.

So my question is, when does an aspiring scientist get brought into the fold of learning "real science" (as everything they knew before would be lies).

Just stopping and thinking about this logically for 10 minutes, instead of being a contrary prick, would lead anyone to realise what a load of shite it is.

I’m struggling to read one of Steven Hawking’s books at the moment and being honest it’s a little heavy for me.

I’m sure lots people have read or heard of Bill Bryson’s book ‘A Short History Of Nearly Everything’. It’s a brilliant read for the layman, I couldn’t recommend it highly enough.

Read a few books on this stuff and got lost in a few, one of the best I've read is Simon Singh, Big Bang, starts off really simple with when we beleived the earh was flat and the sun went round the earth, and you think this is way too simple and obvious. Stick with it though and he gets you into a way of thinking and understanding how people beleive the most obvious explantion until a better one that answers the questions better than the previous theory comes along.
He keeps adding layers and leads you through as the evidence is found that matches the theories. It made me realise the reason I didn't understand bits were firstly because some of the things I'd learned as a school boy such as the infinate universe had been superceded and I was mixing theories up, the other reason I didn't understand some bits was because we don't know the answers to some stuff yet, and you have to accept things we can't possibly imagine.

Why bother. They’re all lies, some **** spent five mins researching on YouTube and knows the truth.
Give it a rest now SWP if my views aren't to your liking do one, you're the ones behaving in a childish manner. Like I said I was merely replying to stonerblues friend, I don't scream and shout at you for believing you live on a spinning ball, I just like to think its possible to discuss the subject rather than ridicule. Oh and I'm not a wum whatever that means or a rag, I'm a life long blue of 50 years and followed this site pretty much from the off.

Give it a rest now SWP if my views aren't to your liking do one, you're the ones behaving in a childish manner. Like I said I was merely replying to stonerblues friend, I don't scream and shout at you for believing you live on a spinning ball, I just like to think its possible to discuss the subject rather than ridicule. Oh and I'm not a wum whatever that means or a rag, I'm a life long blue of 50 years and followed this site pretty much from the off.

Exaplain a boat disappearing from the bottom up as it sails over the horizon.

Explain time zones.

Explain geostationary orbit.

Back up your assertions that the Earth isn’t a sphere.

Explain what you think you’re standing on if not a ball of rock hurtling through space.

Ffs, you don’t even understand how water remains on the surface of the planet. And you wonder why you’re ridiculed.

Read a few books on this stuff and got lost in a few, one of the best I've read is Simon Singh, Big Bang, starts off really simple with when we beleived the earh was flat and the sun went round the earth, and you think this is way too simple and obvious. Stick with it though and he gets you into a way of thinking and understanding how people beleive the most obvious explantion until a better one that answers the questions better than the previous theory comes along.
He keeps adding layers and leads you through as the evidence is found that matches the theories. It made me realise the reason I didn't understand bits were firstly because some of the things I'd learned as a school boy such as the infinate universe had been superceded and I was mixing theories up, the other reason I didn't understand some bits was because we don't know the answers to some stuff yet, and you have to accept things we can't possibly imagine.
Thanks for that, I will stick with it as I hate giving up on books, certainly saves on sleeping tablets ;)

are they making a point by not sitting at a round table lol
5i5pfa9qo3911.jpg

Flat Earth Society meeting.

Anyway, for the Earth to be flat, literally all scientific laws & teachings would be incorrect.Yet using known scientific laws is allowing us to make great strides technologically.

So my question is, when does an aspiring scientist get brought into the fold of learning "real science" (as everything they knew before would be lies).

Just stopping and thinking about this logically for 10 minutes, instead of being a contrary prick, would lead anyone to realise what a load of shite it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.