Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick squad comparison (assuming they sign Alisson) who, if any, would you take out of their squad over ours?

Ederson/Alisson
Bravo/Karius
Walker/Alexander-Arnold
Danilo/Clyne
Laporte/Van Dijk
Kompany/Lovren
Otamendi/Klavan
Stones/Gomez
Mendy/Moreno
Fernandinho/Fabinho
Gundogan/Wijnaldum
De Bruyne/Lallana
D Silva/Keita
B Silva/Shaqiri
Sterling/Oxlade-Chamberlain
Sané/Mané
Mahrez/Salah
Jesus/Firmino
Aguero/Sturridge
Fabinho due to age and poss clyne

Back-up to Szczesny to 66mil goalkeeper in 1 season, absolute madness. I watch Roma quite a bit and I'd say he was slightly better than Szczesny was in 16/17 and he went to Juve for 12mil. Either they a massively overpaying or the market has gone down the shitter. Probably a mix of both.

I don't think Alisson is better than Ederson at all. But he's a massive upgrade on Mignolet and Karius which will surely save them 7+ points a season.

Their biggest issue is still consistency and mentality. Klopp isn't a serial winner like Pep and none of those players have won a title before. They're likely to crack like they did in 2014. Their squad is very impressive, similar to ours in the sense that they've got a young team.

Klopp simply has to with the league this season now doesn't he? Anything else given the amounts they have spent is surely a huge failure. £75 million on a defender in January, £70 million on a midfielder and now £70 million on a keeper alongside other £40 million signings in Fabinho and whatever they paid for Shaqiri. Should get all the scrutiny City and United have done in the past few years.

Klopp simply has to with the league this season now doesn't he? Anything else given the amounts they have spent is surely a huge failure. £75 million on a defender in January, £70 million on a midfielder and now £70 million on a keeper alongside other £40 million signings in Fabinho and whatever they paid for Shaqiri. Should get all the scrutiny City and United have done in the past few years.
United?

I think they will be a real threat this season. Let's hope I am wrong but they have strengthened well.

Will he be called £70m Alisson / the most expensive keeper in the world every time he makes a save / mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.