No Facebook or Instagram for 4 days

What I don't understand understand is some people have thousands of 'FB friends'.
I don't understand why anyone would accept a friend request of someone they don't know. I used to go on it but very rarely nowadays. I'm not interested in plates of food, holiday pics, pics of pets, cars boats and being asked to like starving donkeys and the like. People bragging about going on holiday is an open invitation for burglars.
Facebook is shite.

It’s poison pure and simple. But I couldn’t do without it for fear of missing out on something. It’s useful for keeping up to date with family or being invited to events that you probably wouldn’t be invited to. Or that’s the way I justify it at least.

Found myself constantly with phone in hand at any given moment recently, desperately reading the same tweet or post that I read 2 minutes ago. Totally addicted.

29 "friends" on Facebook and need to have a purge as there are probably ten people that I have no interest in. The only reason I've kept the account open is because of friends (including god daughters) that emigrated to Oz

Never done Instagram

Twitter I use just to keep an eye on City news. I follow fifteen people/organisations and have thirteen followers

What I don't understand understand is some people have thousands of 'FB friends'.
I don't understand why anyone would accept a friend request of someone they don't know. I used to go on it but very rarely nowadays. I'm not interested in plates of food, holiday pics, pics of pets, cars boats and being asked to like starving donkeys and the like. People bragging about going on holiday is an open invitation for burglars.
Facebook is shite.

I'd forgotten that you were even a friend!

TBH, I don't use Facebook much and only joined because my daughters did. It is occasionally useful for contacting old friends; especially as I don't live where I grew up.

I do use Twitter, primarily for football stuff and rock music, but don't tweet extensively.

I'm generally inclined towards the view that mobile phones and social media are the devil's work.

interesting one. i've always been an advocate of Facebook, great for keeping in touch with family, distant friends and creating photo albums. Good place to keep up to date with the latest footie news and various groups etc.

but lately even i have decided it might be better to come off it, very depressing how many people i like in person share blatant racist or vile fake posts, then it gets tedious with the amount of people who share the same videos or post 'this is me!' with a picture of a horse asleep or something and it's one big place to show off your 'amazing' life.

i used to post and 'like' to stuff all the time but found myself gradually doing less and less.

reason i keep it going now is because my Dad has set up a facebook page for my Grandad who is very unwell and we get regular updates and football group i'm playing in.

I'd forgotten that you were even a friend!

TBH, I don't use Facebook much and only joined because my daughters did. It is occasionally useful for contacting old friends; especially as I don't live where I grew up.
Cheeky sod; )
You go in there less than me and that's saying something. But I agree, keeping In touch with friends and family, and having the IM to ring or video chat for free(especially those abroad) is worth it, but the rest of Facebook is a pain I can live without.

I have Facebook to stay in touch with family mainly. Hardly ever use it though or remember to log on. Don't have Instagram. Have Twitter but it's only used to PM Ric when I get banned from here.

I don't have any of them on my phone though.

Never done either, not on Twitter either.

A cancer on society, creating future generations of mentally ill and overly-dependent human-beings.

Evil shit.
Very well said. I deleted all social media recently, only kept my business Instagram.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.