Who do you dislike more, United or Liverpool?

Its strange. I watched a documentary about Bill Shankley the other day and really enjoyed it. It made me remember back in the 60’s and 70’s I actually liked Liverpool. Tommy Simpson, big Ron Yeats, Ian St John, Roger Hunt, Ian Lawlor. Liked the way they played. Then Dalgleish, Souness etc... after City, I would go as far as to say they we really my favourite team. In my mind, they were a bit like us. Club with a history that had sometimes not been in the top tier. It’s only the last 5 years I have come to really really dislike them as a fan base and a club. United I have always detested with a passion, particularly in the Ferguson era. So I guess if I had to vote. United as a club. Liverpool as a fan base. You see the Players though mixing with our rivals in the international teams, I think sometimes we fans are a little too tribal. I made a promise to Mrs S that this season I will not dislike a player just because of who he plays for. I will judge on character and football skills!

United I hate with a passion, not keen on the red dippers either, but hate united more.

Its like asking would I like to be tortured and killed or just killed.

Always be united. Compare how you feel before a Derby to how you feel before a Liverpool game. Both ****s mind.

I hate both , Liverpool as a club, a City and every vile cnut who follows them are easy to despise but never ever forget what Utd and their fans were like when that old alky was manager.
I'll always have a special hatred for Utd

The only reason some are saying the dippers is because we've had issues with them in the last 3 or 4 years, so it's fresh in you're mind.

Never ever forget how the rags have been towards us over the last 30 years. The pisstaking their fans, players, managers and club itself have directed our way. My sole hatred is for those ****s. Some of you need to get a fuckin grip for even thinking the dippers are worse.
I'd say slightly longer than that and although it's true it's fresher in the mind because it's more recent it doesn't make it any less significant(in fact older standing beefs take longer to beat than newer ones if anything). How can you not look back at the last year and not see they've been every bit as bitter, hateful and detestable towards City as the Rags... the only difference(aside from the proximity which is a silly reason to hate if you think about it) is the amount of time City have been their target which should tell you they are no better on it's own and they seem to be getting worse every season.

I do think if United were as close to challenging us as Liverpool and not getting outplayed when we play them for the past few seasons the answers might be different(naturally) but what's the point in not being honest about how you "feel" because we're supposed to hate United more? It can fluctuate, as it should between the two since they are both a set of ****s when push comes to shove. They are both at their worst when they are even close to challenging, United aren't by the looks of things and they kind of know it so they are on the quiet for the time being.

Last edited:
There's a peculiar quasi-religious fervour among Liverpool fans, laced with a disproportionate level of emotion. You don't see it to that extent with any other British club that I can think of. Recently we've been on the receiving end of this. So the gap has definitely closed. I think this may well be temporary whereas the sense of animosity (rivalry really) with that other lot is permanent.

Last edited:
There's a peculiar quasi-religious fervour among Liverpool fans, laced with a disproportionate level of emotion. You don't see it to that extent with any other British club that I can think of. Recently we've been on the receiving end of this. So the gap has definitely closed. I think this may well be temporary whereas the sense of animosity (rivalry really) with that other lot is permanent.
Before the season just gone I thought the same, we were going through a similar thing Chelsea did when the two had their rivalry and it would die down eventually. However I think they went a bit too far last season for it to be temporary, this will just grow from here IMO... there was always the Sterling thing but even some of our own fans are as bad as them, but from the booing of Ederson unconscious, to the bricking of the coach and the level of twattery and hypocrisy across twitter and youtube digging City out, laughing at our misfortune with the refs etc I don't think there is a way back from there.

Too many City fans have seen their true colours and nobody should want them to win a damn thing, the worst winners in football as I keep saying, they haven't even won anything with Klopp yet just think about that for a second and look how bad they are already.

Last edited:
Is this a fucking joke or what?

Some people need to take a look in the mirror.

United have been shit since Slur Alex finished.

Never, ever, forget how they lauded it and belittled our club.

I want them dead. Every last fucking one of them. Scum evil ****s.

Liverpool? An irrelevance, a bit like when we couldn't beat Everton for a length of time.

Don't give them any further degree of self importance by hating them. Pity is what they deserve.

£1bn spent in 30 years and no closer to a league title. Bunch of Welsh turds, nothing more.

As for United, they sustain my life to the extent I wouldn't enjoy it half as much without the pure hatred I have for those rats.
Bit harsh but I worked in Wrexham for a couple of years so the Welsh turds bit made me laugh :)

Before the season just gone I thought the same, we were going through a similar thing Chelsea did when the two had their rivalry and it would die down eventually. However I think they went a bit too far last season for it to be temporary, this will just grow from here IMO... there was always the Sterling thing but even some of our own fans are as bad as them, but from the booing of Ederson unconscious, to the bricking of the coach and the level of twattery and hypocrisy across twitter and youtube digging City out, laughing at our misfortune with the refs etc I don't think there is a way back from there.

Too many City fans have seen their true colours and nobody should want them to win a damn thing, the worst winners in football as I keep saying, they haven't even won anything with Klopp yet just think about that for a second and look how bad they are already.
Well put. Given all that has gone on in recent times, it would really only be temporary if one of the 2 clubs fell out of the top drawer. Sometimes it happens, e.g. Leeds. But it does look like City and Liverpool will be at loggerheads for the foreseeable future.

United with Liverpool a very, very close second. There was always some respect given mutual hatred of United; but that’s gone for me after the bus antics.

They fought and thieved their way across Europe getting us all a bad reputation. Then caused Heysel and kept quiet about it whilst campaigning for JFT96.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.