Mendy shark team

I always think pass completion is a relatively poor statistic to judge some off, unless they are in a role which requires them to keep things ticking over. I'd much rather have a player who's completion rate is slightly poorer if it means he's trying to play through balls/crosses which will could result in goal scoring opportunities.

I always think pass completion is a relatively poor statistic to judge some off, unless they are in a role which requires them to keep things ticking over. I'd much rather have a player who's completion rate is slightly poorer if it means he's trying to play through balls/crosses which will could result in goal scoring opportunities.
My point was that he was well off what he usually gets. His pass completion was down 9% yesterday on his games last season. He played us into trouble a few times, also got rinsed defensively a few times and should have been given a penalty against him.

As I said in his performance thread: the worst two assist display you’ll see anywhere, I don’t know if that’s a positive or negative

Thought it was weird how he came so narrow yesterday, I understand the inverted fullbacks or whatever the hipsters call it when Delph plays as he comes an extra midfield option but surely Mendy is in to provide the width and get down the flanks?

Think your looking for a pass completion rate in different areas of the pitch - probably divide the pitch into 4 quarters - then judge the pass completion on the length of the pass in each quarter - those statistics would be more useful than the usual pass completion rate. Even better statistic would be pass completion by player density in each area of the pitch to assess player passing.

I'll be doing some work on various statistics in the near future so hopefully can post something useful for analysis.

Thought it was weird how he came so narrow yesterday, I understand the inverted fullbacks or whatever the hipsters call it when Delph plays as he comes an extra midfield option but surely Mendy is in to provide the width and get down the flanks?
Delph is comfortable in tight situations, he’s a natural on the ball. Mendy was lost when he came inside yesterday, couldn’t handle the tight situations.

Still, imagine if he irons out the shite from yesterday and plays as well everywhere else as he did in the last third.

His NET CONTRIBUTION wasn’t too bad: two assists and a clean sheet.

I’ll take that every week, please.
If he defends and gives the ball away like he did yesterday we won't have many clean sheets. Going to take him a good few games i think to get fully up to speed and won't be long till he's flying again. Its easy to forget he hasnt really played for 10/11 months and that has to take a while to get your sharpness back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.