Mendy shark team

Was pep joking about his social media obsession yesterday?

If he could I reckon he'd wear his smartphone on the pitch.

He's young, Pep will mold him into the player he wants him to be. Might even turn him into a full on winger. We'll see...

If he defends and gives the ball away like he did yesterday we won't have many clean sheets. Going to take him a good few games i think to get fully up to speed and won't be long till he's flying again. Its easy to forget he hasnt really played for 10/11 months and that has to take a while to get your sharpness back.

Agree completely. I was being a little tongue in cheek. But I love his energy and attacking contribution. Once he does get up to speed with his overall game, he’ll be a phenomenon.

I think he’ll be receptive to Pep’s guidance. The social media exchange, imo, reflected a good relationship between the two of them.

In the meantime, he’ll be captain of my fantasy team if he can continue racking up those stats.

Agree completely. I was being a little tongue in cheek. But I love his energy and attacking contribution. Once he does get up to speed with his overall game, he’ll be a phenomenon.

I think he’ll be receptive to Pep’s guidance. The social media exchange, imo, reflected a good relationship between the two of them.

In the meantime, he’ll be captain of my fantasy team if he can continue racking up those stats.

Wish you was in my league captaining a defender!

His NET CONTRIBUTION wasn’t too bad: two assists and a clean sheet.

I’ll take that every week, please.
In the first half he sold himself to Bellerin who went around him and nearly scored.
In the second half he played a silly ball that wasn’t on to Fernandinho which was intercepted and Lacazette nearly scored.
He should have had a penalty given against him.

He was involved in both goals with good attacking.

Yesterday could have been a very different day for City, all down to him. But was a good day with big contributions from him. We will meet more clinical sides and harsher refs though so he needs to be much more sensible.

Get his head down and work on his game.

In the first half he sold himself to Bellerin who went around him and nearly scored.
In the second half he played a silly ball that wasn’t on to Fernandinho which was intercepted and Lacazette nearly scored.

Yesterday could have been a very different day for City, all down to him. But was a good day with big contributions from him. We will meet more clinical sides and harsher refs though so he needs to be much more sensible.

Well said Pep.

Point taken but Eddie also made a couple of fcuk ups, Kun another, while one or two others were below par. At least he had some positive stats to his credit.

They’re still getting into their stride. Over the season to come, I’m sure all three will make a telling contribution. I just think some of the criticism of Mendy (and others), after one successful league outing, is a tad OTT.

Well, at least he gave you something to worry and moan about eh :)

Guys played hardly any football in a year, give the lad a break superfan.

Yes, I agree on the penalty call, but this is an interesting one - after the World Cup and the use of VAR, you'd think that was a penalty every time, but (a) we don't have VAR yet, and (b) it's already apparent from watching 4 games over the weekend that there's a difference between the way Premier League refs and World Cup refs call the game. You can get away with much more physical stuff in the Prem - especially upper body physicality.

I suppose my point is that I hate seeing players make that foul, especially City players, but unfortunately, if it doesn't ever get called, it becomes a huge advantage for the defending team (see Leicester, 2015-16). Of course, it will get called if we keep doing it...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.