Ilkay Gundogan - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
One half decent free kick doesn't paper over the cracks. He doesn't do much which is the problem. He fannies out of 50/50 tackles, he's slower than a glacier, always seems to go for a powerless side footed shot instead of putting his laces through it and my biggest gripe is he just doesn't go for it. He's only 18 but I'd rather have Foden in the team over Gundo as he is fearless and looks to make things happen.

I still don’t understand why we didn’t cash in when Barcelona wanted him. He’s a player who has Arsenal DNA.

Exactly, he’s soft.

Started well today but disappeared when was needed most. Offers some moments of magic and everyone is in awe but overall he’s not good enough.

Seems like he’s already being made into a scapegoat. Got an assist today and I thought played ok. 3 games in - 2 wins and a draw and he’s the enemy of city now. It’s laughable

Interesting that once he came off we looked more vulnerable - Walker and Kompany didn't have him to pass to and gave the ball away far too many times which could have cost us the game. Glad we didn't lose but going forward I would prefer Stones in defence as he gives us a better platform to start attacks and also has improved so much in his positional play - he should be first choice. Gundogan is very underrated on here but without Kev we need to stop moaning and get behind him.

Very bad in the first half, he got more stuck in in the second half but still doesn't contribute enough offensively for me. I'd rather Foden got his minutes or Bernardo playing there instead.

Good assist but honestly, he the player I dread seeing on the 11 - he is far too gutless - that chance following Mendy+aguero link up in first half needs to be nestling in the bottom right corner - a professional footballer with such a weak foot....

He should've been hooked at HT , Bernardo moved centrally and Sane/Mharez on the wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.