Ilkay Gundogan - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you don't understand how an argument works. You can say whatever you want. But can only claim victory on points others object to that you believe you are right about.

For example, I can say you say a lot of shit in English. I'm sure you'd object to my point that you say a lot of shit.

But it would be dumb of me to say those of us who said you spoke in English were right all along....as you've never objected to that point.

That's what youve done. Claimed victory on an uncontested point.

Bravo! Go ahead. Take a victory lap.

Pathetic.

He was shite yesterday by the way.

No difference between a British type cm and Gundogan. Name me one British cm who plays remotely in a similiar fashion to Gundogan. Name me one! Drinkwater, Noble,Gerrard, Henderson, Keane, Dier,
are all typical British cm. I cant make my mind up whether your trying to be clever, or whether you really just haven't haven't got a clue.

Where did you mention 'British' ?

You said Gundogan isn't a 'conventional'centre mid, I said there is no such thing & gave examples why.

If you meant he isn't a conventional British type of centre mid then you should have said so & I would have stuck to pointing out there isn't really such a thing there, either, just a lot of shit ones, currently.

Napoli away he was fantastic.
Spurs at home last year he was great.
Excellent against Barca at home.
Spurs away last year was a great performance.
Chelsea at home he controlled the game.
Arsenal away in the league he completely shut their midfield down.
Thought he was great against United at home last year - his goal was world class.

Barca is the one I would pick out of that lot.

And I don't think he's ever been that good since.

He was good in most of these games but I never once thought world class performance from Gundogan like I thought yesterday with Bernardo.

In the rag game apart of his goal which was top class, he also missed a great chance and went missing for parts of the game, would t say that was one of his best games just because of his goal.

That’s my point, he is a player that shows flashes of brilliance but he’s not at the level we need imo. Like in attack the players are in competition with each other.

With David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne, Gundogan can only compete in his dreams. With the level we wish to reach, as tough as it is, we need a player that can push these two. I already see Bernardo possibly doing that after only a few games in midfield. I never once thought Gundogan could do that despite all the games he’s played.

Exactly Bernado was class yesterday. Gundog was pedestrian yet again. Foden has shown more attacking promise in his short cameo this season than Gundogan has so far.

Exactly Bernado was class yesterday. Gundog was pedestrian yet again. Foden has shown more attacking promise in his short cameo this season than Gundogan has so far.

Dont think its right to compare Gundogan and Bernardo as they are completely different types of player.

Thought gundogan struggled as the holding CM yesterday for the last half hour or so. We desperately need cover for Fernandinho in jan, an injury to him and we would be fucked.

Exactly. It really is outstandingly obvious that is the case.

It''s fucking bizarre on here.

People are getting loads of shit for simply being honest & giving opinions on a player, in his thread. And few of the people giving out the shit, have anyting to say in particular, to suggest Gundogan should start in the team.

We are all supposed to be happy, that he can knock the ball around, often but not always, without losing it.

If we would like someone who consistently does more than that, we are apparently asking too much. If we ask for Gundogan to be as sharp as he used to be, or close to it, after two years, we are asking too much.

I would love Gundogan to become a brilliant player, as he once was imo. But if he isn't, why the fuck can't I want someone who is that good, to play in his place instead ?

I thought he ruined the game yesterday, not by being solid & 'seeing the game out' (at 3-0 v fucking Fulham ffs, if Mark Hughes did that he'd get hung, no way did Pep tell him to do that) but by being slow, unimaginitive & just basically, not in the same class as the other midfielders. He was fucking hopeless defensively & helped Fulham become more dangerous.

There was an argument on the strength of yesterday, that Bernardo Silva would be far better, without the ball, playing in a deeper position, than Gundogan, who was the invisible man, when Fulham attacked.

It would of course require Bernardo to be less adventurous at times in his passing & a bit more safe.

But the contrast, with the Silvas & Fernandinho, compared to the midfield of the recent games, was stark. We were so much quicker & more inventive on the ball

So we ask, was it down to Fulham being shit in midfield ?

Then Gundogan comes on, & we look very similar to how we were, in the earlier games.

That could be coincidence, but it also could be down to him. I think it's a bit of each.

I want this guy to do the business & I still hope he is just about to.

But most of the time, so far, he isn't.

I must have watched a different player than some of you, one physical duel lost and one clearance that he could've got more purchase on but that aside he did a nice job of controlling the tempo, exactly the job he should be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.