The 'Greek Tragedy' retires.

I remember fans pinning all hopes on him when we were shite. I remember him getting injured 2 days before our FA cup Quarter final with West Ham and fans were gutted and going mad at Pearce for playing him. Like he would have made any difference!
The season we played the quarter final midweek, to quote from the BBC:

“A depleted City, without the likes of Georgios Samaras, Trevor Sinclair, Claudio Reyna, Andy Cole and Antoine Sibierski”

Take note younger Blues, these were the players we hung our hats on, apart from Tricky Trev (who wasn’t really that tricky) and Cole who was all but finished we were truly desperate!

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar? - scored a shed load for Ajax which earned him a brief spell at Real Madrid.

42 goals in 76 appearances for the Netherlands as well - your Dutch mate was right!

I was similarly working with a dutch lad at the time, a HeernVeen fan as well, he actually rated Samaras' potential but said Huntelaar was the real deal, I think we were linked with him later down the line.

As to Samaras, I'm sure that injury early on had a big effect, bobbins after that

Even I could have made it in comparison.

Some people are just born lucky.

Tall, right place, right time.

That aside.

Hope our Greek God has a long and happy life outside of football.

Played out of position by a wank manager. When played up top, he scored some super goals, including our last 2 home goals of 2007, came on and won us the game.

Still plenty of fans blast him, making them bigger blues.
they had to give someone some stick it in there DNA

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.