Spurs’ new stadium

Heard from someone today who has been around the stadium that one of the problems is that Levy keeps changing the spec on everything that was agreed. So for instance instead of tarmac he wanted block paving, instead of standard formica tops he wanted Italian marble and so on and so on

Yes, Levy has definitely upgraded quite a few features and finishes during the build. Not ideal, of course, but while it will certainly have added plenty to the cost and a little to the overrun, that's not the main reason for the delay. Most of the changes were implemented or decided long before the announcement back in August about the wiring issues.

As to the tarmac to paving claim, that's simply a matter of timing. Nothing to do with meddling by Levy. Had the stadium opened on time, there would have been a temporary tarmac finish to the stadium's immediate surroundings because there would have been no time to lay the paving. But since the opening has been delayed, it was decided that there was time to press on with the permanent paving finish to the public realm around the stadium.

When they do something that is in serious breach of the rules and which doesn't have special dispensation from the other 19 clubs, I would imagine!
You have to play all home matches in an agreed stadium mate, the first has already happened.

No, you have it from the PL. Trust me, quite a few of the clubs are pissed off.

The PL isn't an independent organisation. It IS the clubs. There might be a few clubs that are pissed off ( I can guess who!) but a sufficient number aren't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.