Spurs’ new stadium

Once in the new stadium, Spurs will have more money to spend on player purchases and wages than they do now. Remember that they have a net spend on transfer fees of nigh on zero over the past 7-8 years. So there will be no change for the worse in that respect.

Agreed that getting to and from the stadium won't be easy with an extra 26K fans. But the idea is that the added attractions of the new stadium and eventual wider development will encourage fans to stay longer after games. I can't see that working for night games or if Spurs have lost but it should help to ease some of the congestion after weekend games. Added to which, there have been track improvements at Northumberland Park - which will mean double the number of trains from that station - and there are ongoing station and train improvements at White Hart Lane, which will mean the capacity to move a greater number of people in any given period. Further ahead (2030 and on), it is expected that Northumberland Park will be one of the stations on Crossrail 2.

One thing we can all probably agree on is that Jim is as game as they come. Any hint of criticism of Spurs and the way they have handled the new stadium build or the spiralling costs and he is like a rat up a drainpipe in coming back with multiple reasons why it's not their fault, guv. I'd be surprised if the club's expensive PR team does as good a job.

Maximum respect...

Challenge what, though? Spurs have special dispensation to play games at Wembley until the new stadium is ready. That dispensation cannot now be withdrawn and 'punishment' (in the form of points deduction or otherwise) be meted out retrospectively. The most that can happen is that PL clubs could decide that, beyond a certain date, Spurs must play all games at Wembley for the remainder of the season. That hasn't yet happened.
The certain date was the first home game played at Wembley.

As has been said once its open nobody will give a flying fuck about the delays particularly Spurs fans.
Until they leave the place, 38,000 leaving was a nightmare, 60,000 (?) isn't going to make it any easier.

No matter how great the stadium is, the transport is shocking, far worse than what we have to endure at the Etihad.

You can second guess their feelings if you want.
Our transport is poor but I don't fucking give a shit if I get to watch a winning team playing the football we do!
I suspect their fans will be similar.
Getting away from the ground within 5 mins has never dampened my match day experienced.

The certain date was the first home game played at Wembley.

Initially, yes. But they have since been given dispensation to play further games at Wembley. If there comes a point that they are told that they must either stay at Wembley for the remainder of the season or move to the new stadium with immediate effect, and if they then refuse to or are unable to comply with that order, only then will they be in breach of any rule and special dispensation.

One thing we can all probably agree on is that Jim is as game as they come. Any hint of criticism of Spurs and the way they have handled the new stadium build or the spiralling costs and he is like a rat up a drainpipe in coming back with multiple reasons why it's not their fault, guv. I'd be surprised if the club's expensive PR team does as good a job.

Maximum respect...

Ha! Maximum scorn, I think!

I do appreciate that I am on another club's forum - which is why you won't find me slagging off City or bigging up Spurs. But I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to put the alternative case to one that has been argued especially if, with respect, I am understandably somewhat better informed about Spurs than the regulars on here are. I see it from City fans too, when they feel that their club is being inaccurately or unfairly reported. And that's equally understandable.

I do appreciate that I am on another club's forum - which is why you won't find me slagging off City or bigging up Spurs. But I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to put the alternative case to one that has been argued especially if, with respect, I am understandably somewhat better informed about Spurs than the regulars on here are. I see it from City fans too, when they feel that their club is being inaccurately or unfairly reported. And that's equally understandable.

It was only a gentle aside and not an actual dig, Jim :)

Stick up for your club as much as you want mate...as long as you aren't slagging off City then I don't mind.
Hope you win all your home games for the rest of this season lol

have you got a plan in place to defend tomorrows attendance bud ?
on the ticket planner the place is empty :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.