Bring the Noise

What though, people have a valid point that recent songs are either shite or concentrate on other teams than us and prefer the old city songs, unfortunately the singing section would rather sing about gerrard slipping and edin or us not scoring 10 against the rags than just pure pro City songs, and then when said city songs do start up more people join in.
I'm all for singing songs about city, but because 90% of fans are tempo deaf the songs you mention work because they can easily be sung in unison. We should be collectively coming up with chants on this forum that are city based that dont require fans to blow their vocal loads after one verse. Slow it down, let us breath and we are golden.

The sooner the family stand goes the better. The sooner safe standing comes in the better. The sooner the club price tickets better for local fans the better.

Why does the family stand stop 40,000 adults in other parts of the ground making more noise? Why are you blaming a load of 6 year olds for you not making more of an effort?

I sit in the family stand and empty seats there are reflected in other parts of the ground too. The existence of the family stand does not prevent anyone buying a ticket, the family stand does not lie empty whilst the other areas of the ground are full to bursting, the family stand does not cause high prices elsewhere. I really don’t get this obsession with it. If you want more noise then make some, tell people around you to make some, don’t sit there whining that a stand with a load of kids and some empty seats is the reason the rest of the ground can’t get themselves together

Why does the family stand stop 40,000 adults in other parts of the ground making more noise? Why are you blaming a load of 6 year olds for you not making more of an effort?

I sit in the family stand and empty seats there are reflected in other parts of the ground too. The existence of the family stand does not prevent anyone buying a ticket, the family stand does not lie empty whilst the other areas of the ground are full to bursting, the family stand does not cause high prices elsewhere. I really don’t get this obsession with it. If you want more noise then make some, tell people around you to make some, don’t sit there whining that a stand with a load of kids and some empty seats is the reason the rest of the ground can’t get themselves together
Well said , we sit in the family stand level 2 and see empty seats in other parts of the ground, the top tier of the south stand nearly always has them but nobody goes on about that !

Recent songs have been poor. The liverpool rip off allez allez song is embarassing.

This shouldn't annoy me, but it does. Against Liverpool we had loads singing allez allez ( I didn't, I still don't know the words of their version or ours), and yes ha ha we're taking the piss, but to the x million sat watching on the tellybox, it sounds like liverpool fans are outsinging us, when this was so far from the truth it was untrue.

Same situation a few years back when we went through a period where our most sung song was U-N-I-T-E-D/Ocean Finance.

I'm all for singing songs about city, but because 90% of fans are tempo deaf the songs you mention work because they can easily be sung in unison. We should be collectively coming up with chants on this forum that are city based that dont require fans to blow their vocal loads after one verse. Slow it down, let us breath and we are golden.

we've got loads of songs that are city based, simple and everyone knows. they are just never sung. city til i die, you are my city, super city, hey jude .... even were not really here isn't sung that much now..... against burton the south stand actually started to sing them and more people were joining in, but as soon as it goes to a prem games its the opposite.

its like theres a song sheet for prem games in the south stand. sing the edin dzeko song and the one about liverpool. but songs just about city that people know the words to - lets not sing them. we need some kind of campaign or something aha to get the classic city songs back.

Recent songs have been poor. The liverpool rip off allez allez song is embarassing.
Allowing the glazers to stroll around old Trafford is embarrassing, singing about city at every single game is embarrassing, the allez song is soectacular, a modern city classic. Think your on the wrong board kid..sniff sniff

This shouldn't annoy me, but it does. Against Liverpool we had loads singing allez allez ( I didn't, I still don't know the words of their version or ours), and yes ha ha we're taking the piss, but to the x million sat watching on the tellybox, it sounds like liverpool fans are outsinging us, when this was so far from the truth it was untrue.

Same situation a few years back when we went through a period where our most sung song was U-N-I-T-E-D/Ocean Finance.

Thats what i mean. I know we're taking the piss but it just sounds like we're singing their song. I think its detrimental. Sorry if thats upset a few people but i cant bring myself to sing it because only we know the words and i feel like to the outside world it just benefits them. If we are going to have a lead song thats slagging them off then lets at least make it an original one. I like the dzeko song. No problem with that. Nice rhythm, good structure, good content and pretty original. More of that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.