Newcastle (a) post match thread

You don't have to, I've seen all the games. I know Ederson has been good but not great.
Just because you make risky outbursts and play it cool from the back doesn't automatically make you the greatest keeper.

And to my point, once we actually lose possesion of the ball and the other team has maybe 1 or 2 attacks all 90 minutes, we concede. That is the problem.
Considering how few chances the other team gets during 90 minutes, we should count on him to save a few. What kind of keeper is he if Leicester has three chances all game and he lets them all in? You could might as well put Sané in the goal.
I’ll point out that Leicester scored 2. Because I’m pedantic.

And then I’m done, because you are clearly an imbecile and incapable of accepting that our goalie couldn’t have done any better other than perhaps on 1/7 of the goals you referenced.

Totally agree. As bad as our football was tonight they played it well and made it very tight for us. They deserve some credit.
Sure, they deserve credit for their discipline keeping it tight at 1-0, rather than being drawn out. It doesn't make for great viewing but it was smart. Although, I don't really see how anyone is saying they fully deserved the result itself, since they were pretty woeful going forward and didn't offer much with the ball. I know there are different expectations on both teams but the word "deserve" has nothing to do with expectations if you're calling it evenly.

If a game with two other teams, played out exactly the same as tonight, money, managers, player reputations not a talking point; people would say the home team was a bit lucky even if their opposition did create their own problems. They still got outplayed for the majority of the match and mustered, what was it? 2 shots?

You don't have to, I've seen all the games. I know Ederson has been good but not great.
Just because you make risky outbursts and play it cool from the back doesn't automatically make you the greatest keeper.

And to my point, once we actually lose possesion of the ball and the other team has maybe 1 or 2 attacks all 90 minutes, we concede. That is the problem.
Considering how few chances the other team gets during 90 minutes, we should count on him to save a few. What kind of keeper is he if Leicester has three chances all game and he lets them all in? You could might as well put Sané in the goal.

And seriously, we have to be able to criticize our players when they are not playing well.

In England, we call people like you 'clueless ****s' so pop back off to your NHL forum and piss off.

I’m particularly loving the “something wrong with Pep tonight” comments.
He was probably as pissed off as some of you are.
Untitled.jpg

Just until the end of the season ?

In my honesty Fucking opinion and I have to clue behind the scene about fitness etc but taking Sane out was the biggest fuck up from pep . He and sterling had their fbs pinned and the only out let we had on the wings . Fucked up our rhythm .

The squad needs refreshing for sure and we know the areas that need improving if we are to ensure we don't lose games from having leads like we have done 3 times this season.

As someone said we might be going through a long period of time whereby a side doesn't win two titles on the spin.

Pretty lethargic today and it will be interesting to see how we cope over the next week.

Things have fallen into place for Liverpool this season and they have taken advantage of it.

Think its over now. To many didn't turn up to day. to name a few the full backs and Aguero. I understand we will have bad games but it was the attitude by all, that they just didnt seem to want to get back into it and that it would be handed to them. Lets hope we do the cups so at least we have something to show for this season.

I will make sure i miss the intro to every match of the day next season, there is nothing worst than the scousers winning any form of cup.... mark my words we will not hear the end of this for the next decade.

Name a manager who wouldn’t sub KDB off at that moment. It’s a huge risk to leave him on there, and personally I’d prefer Bernardo to the potential of playing with 10 men. I’m sure De Bruyne was disappointing to come off, but he understands that any small foul and he would’ve seen red.

You are 100% correct. We were winning the game and Kev was deep in the process of taking himself off which also would have taken him out of the arsenal game. He was as close to a second yellow as you get. A child could of made that substitution as it was such a glaringly obvious one to make.

Arguing that he should have stayed on is like pretending the sun is black and we don’t need oxygen to breath. Totally unrealistic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.